Henderson and Rice make Hall

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 01:09 PM)
Don't you think a unanimous ballot would really feed a Henderson ego that doesn't need feeding?

Ricky already believes Ricky is the greatest. What Ricky do is the greatest.

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 01:09 PM)
Don't you think a unanimous ballot would really feed a Henderson ego that doesn't need feeding?

He's comedy gold anything that could possibly fuel that I'm all for.

I think Maddux has a shot at getting 100%, once someone cracks it you will see a few more. A-Rod should be, but he won't get it.

As long as Jeter doesn't get 100% i'll be fine, he's already ruined the gold glove for me (it's a flawed award, he was just the one that cemented it for me) I hope he doesn't give the HOF a bitter taste for me. Don't get me wrong, at the end of his career he'll deserve HOF, but not 100% or the dick sucking he is going to get.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 01:47 PM)
It could be the greatsest HOF speech of all time if someone else doesn't write it for him.

I have never really looked forward to those speaches, but his is one I can't miss. I wish they would allow Ricky to introduce Ricky

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 03:38 PM)
Defense plays almost zero part in judging a first basemans credentials.

Had Frank been a first baseman, that would be true. But Frank was a DH, and that is where the debate will come in.

I think Frank is a HoF player.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)
It should, it is 50% of the game.

I think the percentage is more position dependent. You can hide a bad glove in the corners, not up the middle. You can put a less than cannon arm in left, it is more a liability in right. A player can have a career as a great hitting, poor fielding first baseman better than a great hitting, poor fielding shortstop.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 05:19 PM)
Will Thomas be the first DH in the Hall?

Edgar Martinez and Rafael Palmiero can't be getting in, can they?

Palmiero no way, Edgar is a pretty big longshot, although he did have a pretty fantastic career.

You could say Molitor was the first DH in the hall though. Last 8 years of his career, he was primarily a DH.