Henderson and Rice make Hall

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 11:14 PM)
I do think it would be funny if Henderson came back and played in the big leagues after getting inducted. If anyone would do it, it'd be him.

That would be awesome.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 01:52 PM)
He's comedy gold anything that could possibly fuel that I'm all for.

I think Maddux has a shot at getting 100%, once someone cracks it you will see a few more. A-Rod should be, but he won't get it.

As long as Jeter doesn't get 100% i'll be fine, he's already ruined the gold glove for me (it's a flawed award, he was just the one that cemented it for me) I hope he doesn't give the HOF a bitter taste for me. Don't get me wrong, at the end of his career he'll deserve HOF, but not 100% or the dick sucking he is going to get.

Jeter will not be a first-ballot Hall of Famer. There will be at least one writer who says, "Jeter is overrated because he's a Yankee; Jeter dates better-looking women than I do; Jeter didn't deserve the Gold Glove!" Same with Maddux. "He spit on the ball," or someone will say, "He played in the steroid era," or who says, "Maddux never gave straight answers to questions. He always gave Bull Durham nonsense."

I hope you don't seriously think it's a possibility, especially not for someone like Jeter. No one is going to get 100%. Ever.

By the way, I don't know why people care about the exact percentages. Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb weren't unanimous; Walter Johnson, no. No one has ever been and to worry whether or not they should be is to worry about something ultimately unimportant and unrealistic.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 09:45 AM)
Jeter will not be a first-ballot Hall of Famer. There will be at least one writer who says, "Jeter is overrated because he's a Yankee; Jeter dates better-looking women than I do; Jeter didn't deserve the Gold Glove!" Same with Maddux. "He spit on the ball," or someone will say, "He played in the steroid era," or who says, "Maddux never gave straight answers to questions. He always gave Bull Durham nonsense."

I hope you don't seriously think it's a possibility, especially not for someone like Jeter. No one is going to get 100%. Ever.

By the way, I don't know why people care about the exact percentages. Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb weren't unanimous; Walter Johnson, no. No one has ever been and to worry whether or not they should be is to worry about something ultimately unimportant and unrealistic.

You mean Jeter and won't be unanimous, correct? There is no way those guys won't be first ballot HOFers.

Rice and Henderson deliver the top 10 list on Letterman.

The subject was Top Ten Highlights Of My Hall of Fame Baseball Career, with Rice reading the even entries and Rickey taking the odds:

10. "Winning the MVP in 1978, and a Tony in 1983" (Jim Rice)

9. "I designed the first vibrating jockstrap" (Rickey Henderson)

8. "During the 1981 season I lost my glove and played an entire west coast trip using a small box" (Jim Rice)

7. "All the free gum" (Rickey Henderson)

6. "I caught a squirrel in the outfield and the umps let me eat it" (Jim Rice)

5. "Being a Met, a Blue Jay, a Padre, a Dodger...Hell, even I can't remember all the teams I played for" (Rickey Henderson)

4. "Before every game, I ate the same meal: pancakes smothered in pine tar" (Jim Rice)

3. "Sleeping with Madonna" (Rickey Henderson)

2. "Sleeping with Madonna" (Jim Rice)

1. "I played with Jose Canseco and never got to inject anything in his ass" (Rickey Henderson)