White Sox get Ryan Braun

maggsmaggs

Left-hander Aaron Poreda and infielder Gordon Beckham, drafted in the first round by the Chicago White Sox the last two years, were among ...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianp...X3H2CrfswTOp4oA

The pitcher - and invite 17 others - to Spring Training. Was this in poor taste? Yes. :) But we are news deprived here and thought it would be funny. Mods feel feel to make the title more accurate if necessary.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 05:22 PM)
The pitcher and invite 17 others to Spring Training. Was this in poor taste? Yes. :) But we are news deprived here and thought it would be funny. Mods feel feel to make the title more accurate if necessary.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianp...X3H2CrfswTOp4oA

What you talkin about Willis ?

Shoulda started the post with the quote so people would read this first

"Left-hander Aaron Poreda and infielder Gordon Beckham, drafted in the first round by the Chicago White Sox the last two years, were among 18 players..."

and think dealt to the brewers

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 06:12 PM)
lol, I knew this was about the pitcher. The only way any team would get THE Ryan Braun would be by trading their top 2 players on the major league roster with full cash considerations, as well as their top 2-3 prospects.

Riiiiight.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 06:16 PM)
Riiiiight.

That was an obvious over exaggeration just showing how untouchable Braun is, and that he'd cost a king's ransom to get.

I didn't think I'd need to clarify that, but just in case.

Edited by BearSox

From MLBTradeRumors.com:

White Sox Announce Spring Invitees

By Ben Jones [January 12 at 7:33pm CST]

The Chicago White Sox have announced their Spring Training invitees.

The White Sox invited 18 players: Left-handed pitching prospect Aaron Poreda and infield prospect Gordon Beckham; catchers Tyler Flowers and Donny Lucey; right-handed reliever Mike MacDougal joins fellow White Sox minor leaguers Poreda and Beckham as non-roster invitees.

These 13 signed minor-league deals with the White Sox: Infielders Javier Castillo, Bryan Myrow, Sergio Santos and Eider Torres; catchers Corky Miller and Chris Stewart; outfielders Josh Kroeger and Michael Restovich; right-handed pitchers Ryan Braun, Franklyn German, Brad Salmon and Jon Van Benschoten ; left-handed pitcher Randy Williams.

I wish Danksy part 2 were here, but i'm excited to see what kind of impression Flowers, Poreda and Beckham leave on the team. The other three names of note are Myrow, Kroeger, and Restovich. Two of which (K and R)were really big prospects at one time and are both deserving of a shot at the MLB Level. Sadly this chance will not and should not come with our organization. Myrow is pretty much a more patient Brad Eldred and might have a decent shot of picking up a handful of abs if Allen isn't ready for if/when Konerko gets hurt.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 11:22 AM)
I wish Danksy part 2 were here, but i'm excited to see what kind of impression Flowers, Poreda and Beckham leave on the team. The other three names of note are Myrow, Kroeger, and Restovich. Two of which (K and R)were really big prospects at one time and are both deserving of a shot at the MLB Level. Sadly this chance will not and should not come with our organization. Myrow is pretty much a more patient Brad Eldred and might have a decent shot of picking up a handful of abs if Allen isn't ready for if/when Konerko gets hurt.

I was actually going through the googling some of the names I hadn't heard before. There was more middle infielders than I really expected to see in that bunch.