Angels want dye per-cowley

chisox2334

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 10:53 AM)
As I said before, he's a serious headcase. He's still young and has a lot of time to work out the kinks, but he really needs to get his s*** together. I worked for the Bees out in SLC last summer and got to see a lot of Adenhart. Definitely talented, but was never able to stop big innings from happening. He was also terrible after coming back down from his brief major league stint.

And none of this matters because the people in that organization are in love him with. I'd be shocked if they gave him up in a deal for another OF.

Was there anyone else on the Bees who caught your eye Felix FWIW?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 11:23 AM)
I'd do Dye for Adenhart (if he passes the physical) and Wood. Not too hot for Figgins though

There is absolutely no way they would ever do that.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 11:36 AM)
Was there anyone else on the Bees who caught your eye Felix FWIW?

Jason Bulger had absolutely nasty stuff out of the pen. He had some ridiculous K/9 rates and gave up hardly anything the entire time I was there. Matt Brown and Freddy Sandoval were pretty solid hitters, but neither had much of a glove and didn't seem like they'd project as major league hitters. Kendry Morales was also pretty good, but I didn't really get to see him too much (he was hurt for awhile, and I was also working with the other teams in the area). The little I did see indicated that he didn't have much of a glove, either. I'm not a scout though, so what do I know?

Edited by Felix

from SI : • The White Sox have been asking teams for top pitching prospects for Dye but aren't necessarily insisting that those prospects be within a year of the big leagues, as teams often do when they dangle stars. But no one has bitten yet. The Chicago Sun-Times reported the Angels could now be in the mix for Dye.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
I'd rather have Michael Young out of those 3.

Even though he's:

1.) not a leadoff hitter

2.) not even close to the best player of the 3

3.) far and away the most expensive

4.) the oldest

5.) the biggest risk of the 3 to struggle away from his former home ballpark

6.) on the decline

The only thing he has going for him is his ability to play SS and thus not block Beckham (if he needs to be moved from short) or Viciedo.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 02:23 PM)
Why would the Angels want Dye over Konerko?

They need a 1B more than another corner OF.

Seriously...look at the Angels roster the last few years and count the OF's. If they have under 5 starters they seem to panic and find someone to sign for a ridiculous contract.

WEDNESDAY: Bill Shaikin talked to Angels GM Tony Reagins, who shot down Cowley's Dye rumor. Reagins said, "No truth to that rumor." Reagins apparently hasn't talked to the White Sox for a while, though Shaikin's source indicated the Angels did express interest in Dye before they re-signed Juan Rivera.

mlbtraderumors.com

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 01:26 AM)
WEDNESDAY: Bill Shaikin talked to Angels GM Tony Reagins, who shot down Cowley's Dye rumor. Reagins said, "No truth to that rumor." Reagins apparently hasn't talked to the White Sox for a while, though Shaikin's source indicated the Angels did express interest in Dye before they re-signed Juan Rivera.

mlbtraderumors.com

beat me to it. damn!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 04:26 AM)

mlbtraderumors.com

Which makes rotoworld's take on Cowley even more true:

Cowley last week called MASN Online's Roch Kubatko's report of Brian Roberts talks between the Orioles and White Sox a case of "Internet madness," yet now he's going and running a full article on the words of one scout that he won't even quote or connect with either the White Sox or the Angels. Talk about flimsy. Still, the Angels and White Sox do have plenty of history. Dye does make sense for the Angels, and Chone Figgins has been mentioned as a possibility for the White Sox since practically the day he entered the league.

Its not the first time the pot has called the kettle black. I'm sure it won't be his last either. Cowley is the epitome of a hack.