Spring 2009 ~ Whatcha Taking?

Texsox

Last one of my undergrad career :headbang

BIO 2. Need my last lab science credits. Ugh Lord help me.

South Texas Literature - Great Professor, looking forward to Tuesday nights

Film Studies - Another great Professor. Excellent reading and viewing list.

Writing for Mass Media - On-line, looks excellent

World Cultures - On-line, Looks cool as well.

World Economic Politics 372

Terrorism 372

Comparative Politics 250

World Civ A 10,000 BCE-1500 CE 101

Music Understanding 103

Geology 112 lab (I took the class last semester)

Man... I'm already forgetting my course numbers.......

Edited by DukeNukeEm

The Community Newspaper

Psychology at the Movies

Communication Law

Online Journalism

Hooray for 12 hours each of my last two semesters! (I could have done 18 this semester and graduated this semester, but didn't want the overload of classes).

Edited by maggsmaggs

PE 1059: Track and Field - Probably going to be the biggest pain of the semester, but at least I'll get in shape

SMGT 3501: Sport in a Diverse Society

BIE 3061: Professional Sales Management - Going to suck as it's on the St. Paul campus

ENGW 1101W: Intro to Creative Writing - Finishing up my writing requirements, it'll suck but I'm taking it pass/fail, so that's a plus.

SMGT 3861: Legal Aspects of Sport

SMGT 3111: Sport Facility and Management

Currently:

Geographic Intelligence

American Literature from the Civil War to the Present (god i hate this f***ing class so much, last general class I need)

Next up (starting March):

Terrorism and Counterterrorism

Tactical Intelligence

Since I do my classes in pairs I haven't decided what the next 2 will be yet, but they'd start in May. I'm leaning towards Terrorism and U.S. National Security and Open Source Collection.

Sitting on my ass doing absolutely nothing.

:lol:

Well, while I don't have a job, I've read more trade publications, Wall Street Journals, and other assorted books then I've read in 3 years (post MBA).

And I'm studying for the CMA (specialized CPA more or less).

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 01:35 PM)
PE 1059: Track and Field - Probably going to be the biggest pain of the semester, but at least I'll get in shape

SMGT 3501: Sport in a Diverse Society

BIE 3061: Professional Sales Management - Going to suck as it's on the St. Paul campus

ENGW 1101W: Intro to Creative Writing - Finishing up my writing requirements, it'll suck but I'm taking it pass/fail, so that's a plus.

SMGT 3861: Legal Aspects of Sport

SMGT 3111: Sport Facility and Management

Great crop of classes right their.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 04:51 PM)
Great crop of classes right their.

Being a Sport Management major is awesome, except for the part that my jobs don't pay much (or anything) while I'm still in college and even when I graduate, I'll work long hours and get paid peanuts. Either way, I'm doing what I love, so that's a plus.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 12:34 AM)
Biology of the People 103 (including a separate Lab class every Tuesday)

Jazz History 219

Applied Statistics 215

Music Literature 100

History of American Sports 325

After this semester, I will be completely done with Gen-Eds.

That's a great feeling - being able to concentrate on what interests you rather than taking the Gen Ed classes. Though, it's also when the classes start getting harder, lol. On a side note, I took History of Jazz last year and I loved it. Never had much knowledge or liking for Jazz music until I took the class and now I really enjoy it (at least at certain times). I even bought a huge coffee table-style book about a bunch of different Jazz musicians after the class. Can't say I'm an expert by any means, but I enjoy the genre.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 02:44 AM)
That's a great feeling - being able to concentrate on what interests you rather than taking the Gen Ed classes. Though, it's also when the classes start getting harder, lol. On a side note, I took History of Jazz last year and I loved it. Never had much knowledge or liking for Jazz music until I took the class and now I really enjoy it (at least at certain times). I even bought a huge coffee table-style book about a bunch of different Jazz musicians after the class. Can't say I'm an expert by any means, but I enjoy the genre.

Yeah, I definitely see that happening with me as well. I could always listen to it, but it was never a priority of mine to go see a show or anything, but I'm liking it more and more. It helps that my entire class period we watch YouTube videos of Louis Armstrong, John Coltrane, etc. and the the prof. plays the piano or trumpet the rest of class.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 06:45 PM)
The Community Newspaper

Psychology at the Movies

Communication Law

Online Journalism

Hooray for 12 hours each of my last two semesters! (I could have done 18 this semester and graduated this semester, but didn't want the overload of classes).

It's the way to go. For my victory lap:

Online Journalism

Performance Literature

Journalism Law and the Courts

Journalism and Democracy (Capstone)