Official: White Sox sign Colon

Steve9347

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 10:50 AM)
I'm kind of surprised that Colon got a major-league deal, while Freddy could only muster a minor-league deal. Are there still serious velocity questions with Freddy? He doesn't seem that much less of an injury risk than Colon.

even though its a minor league deal, freddy has a chance to make up to 9mil as to where colon would only make up to about 2mil. i know its off subject, but im surprised crede might be siging with the twins. i realize theyre practicly his only option at this point but with his history of back problems, i dont think itd be a good idea to play on turf.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 10:50 AM)
I'm kind of surprised that Colon got a major-league deal, while Freddy could only muster a minor-league deal. Are there still serious velocity questions with Freddy? He doesn't seem that much less of an injury risk than Colon.

Freddy injured a shoulder, had surgery and had a re-occurence in Winter ball where he had to shut it down. That is what was scaring the GM from signing him and why he got a minor league deal.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 10:55 AM)
even though its a minor league deal, freddy has a chance to make up to 9mil as to where colon would only make up to about 2mil. i know its off subject, but im surprised crede might be siging with the twins. i realize theyre practicly his only option at this point but with his history of back problems, i dont think itd be a good idea to play on turf.

I think it's one million guaranteed, and an extra $2 million in incentives possible, raising the total theoretical value to around $3 million.

If that's the case, that's really a bargain compared to Garcia's deal I think....better to take a risk with Colon's motivation/weight/back than Garcia's shoulder, FWIW.

Edited by caulfield12