US Airways Plane Lands in Hudson River

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 04:11 PM)
I can probably put up with being cold and wet for a little while if it means not drowning and whatnot. I'd b**** later, of course.

Obviously yes. Just saying that weather conditions aren't exactly ideal out there ATM.

Luckily, everyone survived and that's the main thing.

Sounds like the pilot did an excellent job.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 04:22 PM)
Obviously yes. Just saying that weather conditions aren't exactly ideal out there ATM.

Luckily, everyone survived and that's the main thing.

Sounds like the pilot did an excellent job.

I just wanted to use that opportunity to make a dramatic understatement.

I always wondered why they didn't leave the part about a "water landing" out when we were flying from Austin to Phoenix or Las Vegas. I mean, I know if the plane is going down, there may not be much you can do, but there ain't much water out that way...you'd think they'd be able to control just long enough not to land in that oasis.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 01:53 PM)
I always wondered why they didn't leave the part about a "water landing" out when we were flying from Austin to Phoenix or Las Vegas. I mean, I know if the plane is going down, there may not be much you can do, but there ain't much water out that way...you'd think they'd be able to control just long enough not to land in that oasis.

If you've got everything working but no landing gear and you can aim for Lake Mead, maybe that makes more sense than slamming in to the ground?

seriously wtf does the pilot tell everyone???

does he say we are gonna try to land in the water? and if so how does the entire cabin not erupt in disapproval? I mean he has to say something, right? man wow that woulda been awful to be in the cabin when that happened

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 05:02 PM)
seriously wtf does the pilot tell everyone???

does he say we are gonna try to land in the water? and if so how does the entire cabin not erupt in disapproval? I mean he has to say something, right? man wow that woulda been awful to be in the cabin when that happened

He literally only said "brace for impact." or something to that effect.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 05:04 PM)
No, you got me completely. Bah. I didn't want to be the jagoff who was making a joke if someone actually perished.

well to make up for it i'll throw another relevant simpsons quote back

"there must be some successful simpson here. What do you do for a living?

I shoot birds at the airport"

Edited by daa84

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/alevy/20...geese-a-chance/

Dear Arianna,

I’m looking for a job. What do you think?

In the wake of the events of 1-15, in which a wedge of Geese brought down a US Airways aircraft, here’s what you won’t be hearing about from the so-called “Mainstream Media”: We brought this on ourselves.

After an event such as this one, it’s important to look at the root causes: Why did the Geese attack us? Well, the truth is, for years we have been oppressing the Geese, using them for the fuel they provide for our bodies.

Boneless Goose Breast, Brandied Roast Goose, Roast Goose with Cumberland Sauce and Apricot Stuffing. And of course, the Christmas Goose. In the name of religion, we have been engaged in what can only be called a Crusade against the Geese. Is it any wonder that a few brave suicide Geese would seek revenge?

Under the neocon/neofascist Cheney-Bush administration, Goose consumption is up 1541%. Geese have been systematically deprived of their rights at a level never seen before. (Look around your workplace: do you see any Geese? Wouldn’t you be nervous if you did?) Reports of shameful anti-Goose activity are at an all-time high, mainly in the South and Midwest, of course.

The fact is, WE (and, of course, Israel) are responsible for the rise of militant Gooslam. Given our actions, is it any wonder that gaggles of Goslings would reject the teachings of moderate Goose leaders, when those leaders are perceived as being in the pocket of the West? Given our actions, is it any wonder that these young Gooslamists would flock to more assertive leaders, leaders whose commitment to their cause cannot be questioned? Given our actions, the rise of a “Goosama” was inevitable. We have only ourselves to blame. (Does anyone doubt that somewhere there’s a photo of Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with a Goose?)

In the moments right after 1-15, many have been quick to praise the actions of the US Airways pilot. But the TRUTH is that our pilots have been instruments of the BUs***LER illegal war against the Geese. I know the Repuglicans will attack me for saying this, but speaking TRUTH TO POWER of course makes me a true PATRIOT. And very brave.

Right now America’s relationship with other species couldn’t be worse. Like most Americans, often when I’m hiking I find myself apologizing to woodland creatures for the actions of our illegitimate government. And like the rest of the world, I’m hopeful that once President Obama takes office, things will change, and that we will end our imperialistic attempts at hegemony over the rest of the planet. After all, if he can sit down with Iran and Hezbollah, he can sit down with the Geese.

Sad thing is, there are probably some PETA people that think this.