MLB ends coin flip rule

Balta1701

MLB's owners have made a couple of rule changes. The coin flip for home field is no longer operative. The other major rule change - postseason games will not end early even if it's raining - they'll be suspended.

All postseason games will be played to their conclusion under a change to the major league rules approved Thursday by baseball owners.

Owners also voted to use head-to-head records to replace coin flips when determining home-field advantage for tiebreaker games in division and wild-card races.

Games would be suspended if they are called, regardless of how many innings have been played or the score at the time. A suspended game is resumed and played to completion at the same site.

The change also applies to tiebreaker games but not to the All-Star game.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 08:41 PM)
Saying anything about the twins is ignorant.

Come on...it's been an issue how many times and suddenly it gets changed? Minnesota had to have had a hand in it.

I did notice that they are disallowing the White Sox "home" game make up in Bal, Cubs "away" game in Milwaukee situation.

That's good.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 07:41 PM)
Saying anything about the twins is ignorant.

Glad it got taken care of, use some sort of a statistic to determine it, not what is the 10th tiebreaker in pony league tournament standings.

lolAZ at the Twins1!! One year too late!

Their tears sustain me.

While they're at changing some rules,why not outlaw any park where the speakers, come into play or there is artificial turf that lets batted balls bounce more than 5 feet high. Baseball is meant to be played on grass, use the twinkie dome for auto shows only.

And tell Congress to get busy with their own dirt, fix our problems and stop the money presses from running crazy, getg out of baseball. There are more drugs in capital hill than in all of the clubhouses. Don't spend my tax dollars chasing Clements and Bonds, they did it and their failure to make the Hall of Fame and play another inning is good enough for me. Fix the country not the baseball locker rooms.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
Come on...it's been an issue how many times and suddenly it gets changed? Minnesota had to have had a hand in it.

I did notice that they are disallowing the White Sox "home" game make up in Bal, Cubs "away" game in Milwaukee situation.

That's good.

100% agree