John Paxson

Do you want him gone?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. New GM?

• Yes, oh God, YES!
    • No, give him another year

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 16, 2009 -> 11:29 PM)
You make it sound as if it's one bad move that has put the Bulls in the position they are in now. It has been a series of draft picks, signings and extensions, trades, and, probably most importantly, non-moves/non-trades all orquestrated by pax that has given us the atrocious product (outside of Rose, in which I feel his hand was forced and their was no real choice as he is a hometown product) that you see on the floor night in and night out. He's the architect, and the team as currently constructed is absolute trash. Based on his prior work, it is abundantly clear that he lacks the vision, foresight, knowledge, and most obviously, ability and fortitude to make the right moves to right the ship. Therefore, he has to go and someone who can actually do the job is needed.

Already went over this in earlier posts. Don't feel like going through it again

And by the way, who cares if we as fans kinda liked a signing, draft pick, or trade the day it was made?? Most of us who luv the Bulls are gonna try to put a positive spin on it in our minds and hope for the best anyways. There is not one move he has made I have absolutely luved, outside of maybe the Rose pick, and even then I was worried about how long it would take for him to adjust and if his jumper could improve enough for him to reach star status. But I still feel the Bulls could not afford to not take the hometown kid anyways so the pick was automatic. Rose has very much exceeded my expectations (beasley has very much done the opposite), and I hope he continues to do so.

We're not getting paid to do it. He is, and, therefore, he needs to get results. He hasn't. He's proven to suck at his job. He needs to go.

You're right. What the fans think don't mean a god damn thing. That wasn't my point. Just don't be a chicken little. The s*** gets old and tired. Lovie Smith had us in the SB two years ago, and how many "FIRE LOVIE" rants have we had on just this board alone since then? I guarantee that if the Sox start slow this year will have a bunch of "FIRE KENNY/OZZIE" rants. Just fire everybody. Who really gives a f***. John will be here at least through next year. Will see where were at then. The end.

Edited by lostfan
borderline personal insult

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 16, 2009 -> 09:35 AM)
The Hawks are drawing 22,557 a night, the Bulls 20,984.

There is no comparison of the two sports. NBA is clearly more popular than the NHL and it isn't a competition. There are 10 times as many Bulls fans as there are Hawk fans (and thats probably a conservative estimate). The Hawks definately have the buzz of Chicago though.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jan 16, 2009 -> 12:12 PM)
You know where I stand on this Mike, but that number isn't really fair. The Hawks can hold I beleive 2500+ more people than the Bulls can. However, like I posted earlier, the Bulls are sitting at 96% filled this season. The Hawks are at 115% this year(the over is standing room).

I thought it was the opposite actually. Heck in the first few years that the Bulls were in the UC (Jordan Era obviously) they were averaging over 22,500, going as high as just barely under 24,000 on average. Unless their "sell-out" attendence number is completely bogus, which is possible.

http://www.basketballreference.com/teams/t...tm=Chi&lg=n