Flight of the Conchords Season 2

Kyyle23

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 08:54 AM)
I loved the boys from the Australian Consulate.

Hopefully we see more of them as we go along.

Agreed, they are adding a funny dynamic to Murray. He is like the kid in class that gets picked on by the cool people, and wants to be a cool person. The elevator scene was pretty funny

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 09:59 AM)
Agreed, they are adding a funny dynamic to Murray. He is like the kid in class that gets picked on by the cool people, and wants to be a cool person. The elevator scene was pretty funny

Alan Dale is just in everything though.

When Murray said he was going to complain to the head of the consulate I said "I bet it's that Widmore guy from Lost" and what do you, it was.

week-by-week, every episode just seems to get funnier and funnier, show has been great

funniest line of the season is still:

"dude, they cut his body off, they grabbed his d**k and sliced his whole body off"

"don't you mean the cut his d**k off?"

"no, man, they just cut his whole body off" :lol: :lol: :lol:

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 08:01 AM)
week-by-week, every episode just seems to get funnier and funnier, show has been great

funniest line of the season is still:

"dude, they cut his body off, they grabbed his d**k and sliced his whole body off"

"don't you mean the cut his d**k off?"

"no, man, they just cut his whole body off" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave was extra special in that episode. His "weapons" were hilarious, a glove with plastic utensils tied to the fingers("You guys want one of these babies, you are going to have to give me a week") and his garden hose tied to a watering can weapon, and also when the police came to the door and Dave was hiding on the windowsill and fell off.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 08:10 AM)
Dave was extra special in that episode. His "weapons" were hilarious, a glove with plastic utensils tied to the fingers("You guys want one of these babies, you are going to have to give me a week") and his garden hose tied to a watering can weapon, and also when the police came to the door and Dave was hiding on the windowsill and fell off.

For sure, he was awesome. Seems like they have been giving the other characters larger roles, letting them sing their own songs, which I guess they can do since this episode has new songs written just for it. I think thats part of what has made it so good.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 09:58 AM)
For sure, he was awesome. Seems like they have been giving the other characters larger roles, letting them sing their own songs, which I guess they can do since this episode has new songs written just for it. I think thats part of what has made it so good.

Yeah, writing the songs specifically around episode plots is quite different than writing episodes around songs that are already in the can like last season. And I think there's ups and downs that come with it, and a danger that some of the songs become afterthoughts rather than central elements of the episodes. They've been fairly strong so far this season though.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 11:07 AM)
The Sugar Lumps song has been my favourite so far this season.

And I love that the show and the songs are getting more reflexive and self-referential. During that piece when Bret briefly shows up as the Prince of Parties is a good example.

Dave's first Mohumbai and Son video is awsome too. I want that Best of Curly tape.

"What you want WE GOT IT!"

I dont know how they can top this weeks episode.

Too many dicks in the party

Keitha killing a mudsnake in the dun

The love song

The gloves that look like hands

hilarious episode, I was cracking up when Jemaine walked in with the crocodile hunter outfit

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 15, 2009 -> 10:25 PM)
I dont know how they can top this weeks episode.

Too many dicks in the party

Keitha killing a mudsnake in the dun

The love song

The gloves that look like hands

hilarious episode, I was cracking up when Jemaine walked in with the crocodile hunter outfit

Agreed.

And I've never heard of an Aussie girl called Keitha BTW.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 16, 2009 -> 10:17 AM)
Agreed.

And I've never heard of an Aussie girl called Keitha BTW.

The aussie hatred they are building up on the show is awesome. Especially from Murray "I bet she is in the bathroom coming up with things to insult me with" LOL