Markakis signs extension with O's

DaTank

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 06:38 PM)
Good move for the O's. He and Adam Jones (I think Jones is going to be a star) should be holding down RF/CF for years to come. Felix Pie is the x-factor. At 24, he's hardly a bust. The tools are still there. If he breaks out in a new environment, wow, they'll have a terrific outfield for years to come.

Luke Scott is pretty decent too.

I really like Adam Jones a lot though, he didn't beat the world in his rookie year or anything but I think at the very least he made it clear he wasn't going to be a bust.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 06:42 PM)
Luke Scott is pretty decent too.

I really like Adam Jones a lot though, he didn't beat the world in his rookie year or anything but I think at the very least he made it clear he wasn't going to be a bust.

The O's might stink right now. But they have a chance to be damn good in 2-3 years. Matt Wieters is pretty much a lock for stardom. They've got 3 of the top 30 or so pitching prospects in all of baseall (even if only two of them pan out. They'll be in good shape). And they've got the 5th pick in this year's draft. Meaning they can either add to their plethora of stud pitching prospects, or go with one of the top position players and add to an already growing young core in that department. I think they should take SS Grant Green from USC if he's still on the board when they make their selection.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 08:08 PM)
The O's might stink right now. But they have a chance to be damn good in 2-3 years. Matt Wieters is pretty much a lock for stardom. They've got 3 of the top 30 or so pitching prospects in all of baseall (even if only two of them pan out. They'll be in good shape). And they've got the 5th pick in this year's draft. Meaning they can either add to their plethora of stud pitching prospects, or go with one of the top position players and add to an already growing young core in that department. I think they should take SS Grant Green from USC if he's still on the board when they make their selection.

Is Weiters that OF they have coming up pretty soon?

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 06:59 PM)
Haha...Bo Hart? Really?

Ha, well I googled Bo Hart to try to find some evidence backing me up and, well, needless to say there is none. You got me here.

But you have to admit, when he first came up he ripped up the diamond.

EDIT: Haha, read this on Bo Hart... http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/therundow...rcle_of_bas.php

Edited by philadelphia sox fan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 07:13 PM)
Is Weiters that OF they have coming up pretty soon?

He's a catcher. And the consensus best non-pitching prospect in baseball right now. He's DOMINATED in his two seasons in the minors. He's a favorite to win the ROY. Most think, and I agree, that he'll be better than Joe Mauer.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 09:19 PM)
He's a catcher. And the consensus best non-pitching prospect in baseball right now. He's DOMINATED in his two seasons in the minors. He's a favorite to win the ROY. Most think, and I agree, that he'll be better than Joe Mauer.

haha and i love it that the cubs passed on him in the draft

I think all of that is beside the point. The Cubs drafted Ryan Harvey that year, and he had a .636 OPS in his first crack at AA this past season. He was the pick right before Markakis. It would seem that Harvey is pretty much a lost cause at this point unless he stumbles into some pixie dust.