Loft Bed Shelf

Texsox

How about just getting a plank of wood and secure it with screws onto the loft shelf (where the head of the bed would be) so that about 1/6th of the plank of wood is protruding out from the loft shelf? Then put the bed's matress over the plank/loft shelf, then problem's solved!

Edited by SouthsideDon48

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 05:27 PM)
How about just getting a plank of wood and secure it with screws onto the loft shelf (where the head of the bed would be) so that about 1/6th of the plank of wood is protruding out from the loft shelf? Then put the bed's matress over the plank/loft shelf, then problem's solved!

That's what I was going to do. Actually, my full plans was to cut the board at like 3' and then slide half under and use a bungee to pull it tighter. I was also going to place a lip around the sides so stuff wouldn't slide off. That would keep the plank from sliding all the way under and having stuff fall.

The best and cheapest way is to make it yourself. That's what I did and you can make it the size you need to. Last year, I took a piece of wood and drilled it into the wall. This year, my loft actually has the shelf drilled into it, so either way is good.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 06:48 PM)
The best and cheapest way is to make it yourself. That's what I did and you can make it the size you need to. Last year, I took a piece of wood and drilled it into the wall. This year, my loft actually has the shelf drilled into it, so either way is good.

They have a strict no hole bigger than a pin rule or else I'd have him do that.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 08:46 AM)
They have a strict no hole bigger than a pin rule or else I'd have him do that.

Ah, is he living in university housing (dorm)? If so, that makes sense they'd have that rule. I know my dorm did... So yeah, I guess making your own shelf isn't really possible. My experience with lofts have been in my fraternity house, where it doesn't matter what we do to the walls.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 20, 2009 -> 01:59 PM)
Ah, is he living in university housing (dorm)? If so, that makes sense they'd have that rule. I know my dorm did... So yeah, I guess making your own shelf isn't really possible. My experience with lofts have been in my fraternity house, where it doesn't matter what we do to the walls.

Yeah, the Freshmen and most Sophomores at Texas State University are required to live in Campus Housing.