2009 College Baseball

danman31

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 10:06 PM)
No doubt. I hope the Canes sweep this weekend so badly.

As nice as that might be, I'll be surprised if we can win 2. Starting 4 guys who were either in JUCO or high school last year is going to make it difficult until they get some more experience. I'm expecting a 1 win weekend and I'll be ecstatic if we can win 2.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)
Miami beats Florida 8-5 behind 2HRs and 5RBIs from a SR who was only a pinch hitter for 3 years and never homered in his career.

Good. Hopefully you guys pull out two more.

We beat Auburn pretty good today 14-5. Sean Gilmartin, a freshman pitcher, threw his second consecutive good game. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Nice 2-1 win over Florida today.

This team is exactly what I thought they would be so far. Struggling to find clutch hits but the pitching has been very good so far. We'll be pretty good if our offense improves as the season goes on.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Mar 1, 2009 -> 12:17 PM)
Final game @ Auburn is snowed out. You don't hear that too often haha.

wtf is snow?? hhaha I'm 27 years old and I've never seen snow. Guess that is what happens when you live in Florida your entire life.

Miami completes the sweep with a 16-2 win at Florida. Our pitchers pitched very well this weekend.

And what would be a Miami game against an in-state rival without a little bench clearing action. Miami up 12-1 when Gator OF and WR on the football team Riley Cooper comes in spikes up at second to break up the DP. He is called out on interference and promptly shoves our second baseman. Left fielder comes rushing in and the player leaves the dugouts. The umps did a good job in ending the situation before anything happened.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 1, 2009 -> 06:15 PM)
Having broadcasted a couple games and traveled with a team. I find most college baseball players to be insufferable.

I think that is all baseball players actually. I'd say about 75% of the people I've played with I wanted to punch in the face.

Big West looking strong once again...UCI is 5th in the country, my Titans 7th, Cal Poly 25th and you know the Dirtbags (Long Beach State) will find a way to make some noise as well. Fullerton's only two losses aren't looking as bad as they were to the #13 team in the country (TCU). Our rotation is incredibly young. Friday's starter is a sophmore, our saturday starter a Junior and the rest of our starters are all freshman.

Evidently, San Diego State's ace, Steven Strausburg hit 102 MPH in his most recent start, a 16 strikeout performance. I would have loved it if the Titans got to face him in one of there two games against SDSU this year (but those games are already done).

Kirk said that information came from the Aztecs’ coaches, and that they said their radar gun has typically been slower than scouts’ guns, not the other way around. Kenney said a scout he talked to Friday had Strasburg up to 101 on his Stalker gun early in the game, but he put his gun away by the middle innings.

I was looking at the top 25 the other day. No teams from the Midwest or the North listed. You have to go down to about 35 to find Michigan listed. All the rest are from the South and the West.

Not that this is a surprise with the weather down here being what it is.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 02:51 PM)
Ohio State and Notre Dame are both pretty well thought of this year. I'm not saying either is a legit stellar team but they are both going to have a great shot at the dance.

I will be rooting for the Irish to make it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 03:51 PM)
Ohio State and Notre Dame are both pretty well thought of this year. I'm not saying either is a legit stellar team but they are both going to have a great shot at the dance.

That's good to hear. Go OSU! One of my old friends is the starting second baseman.