2009 College Baseball

danman31

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 07:31 PM)
aftering watching LSU dismantle Rice in 2 games... I have come to the conclusion that I want nothing to do with drafting Jared Mitchell.

A raw football player with speed and high upside is not what this team needs.

Completely agree.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 09:41 PM)
Jason, how did Chris Dominguez look?

I saw him a couple years ago. He's legit. He's an asshole, but he's very good. Athletic, but I don't like his chances of sticking at 3rd.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 05:04 PM)
Fullerton might have had the easiest road to Omaha in the history of college baseball.

I didn't know Louisville shouldn't have been a one seed? You can say what you want about our regional, but when you play the teams our school has played, both in conference, out of conference and have the nations #1 RPI, you've earned it.

Oh and they did have to play the games to.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 07:41 PM)
Jason, how did Chris Dominguez look?

f***ing amazing. Hammered two bombs. Guy is a physical specimen. I don't understand how he's not a 1st round pick and I keep saying on FutureSox that he'd an excellent pick by the Sox. And one of the HR's was absolutely crushed.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 11:31 PM)
Congrats@Jason. Your crew is firing on all cylinders right now. And I for one can't wait for ASU/UNC next week.

ASU is the team that scares me the most. Our west coast style of baseball with the offense we have will be tough to beat. Louisville didn't know what to do with our base-running, small ball, etc philosphy. We made em look like little leaguers.

Question for everyone who doesn’t have a horse (college) in the World Series race. Are you now rooting for LSU, because of Jared Mitchell? Last year, I was definitely rooting for Georgia, because of Beckham, and I imagine I’ll be doing the same again this year. I just have that mentality where I want to see our kids succeed.

Nope, but I'll make sure to watch out for any of our guys slated to play. We'll also make sure that before the CWS starts that we have a list of guys still playing and when there teams are scheduled to play in the CWS.

Obviously I'm rooting for my Titans. Afterall, I am an Alumni. Turns out Chad Ford is also an alumni.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 02:01 PM)
Question for everyone who doesn’t have a horse (college) in the World Series race. Are you now rooting for LSU, because of Jared Mitchell? Last year, I was definitely rooting for Georgia, because of Beckham, and I imagine I’ll be doing the same again this year. I just have that mentality where I want to see our kids succeed.

Definitely rooting for Virginia b/c I have a buddy that pitches for them. He actually plays too (got in all 3 games vs Ole Miss last weekend), so it's I definitely want to see him do well. But, I want Mitchell to play awesome and still have LSU lose to UVA. That would be the best of both worlds for me.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 02:01 PM)

You couldn't pay me to care if LSU wins or loses. Of course I'd like to see Mitchell do well now that he's a part of the organization. But that's as far as it goes for me. What's going to be super funny is the reaction by some if he goes 0/4 with 3 K's. "SEE! I TOLD YOU! HE f***ING SUCKS! WHAT A TERRIBLE DRAFT PICK!"

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 10:58 AM)
ASU is the team that scares me the most. Our west coast style of baseball with the offense we have will be tough to beat. Louisville didn't know what to do with our base-running, small ball, etc philosphy. We made em look like little leaguers.

Although I'm rooting for ASU...they just have so much inexperience. They start 3 freshman on the infield. Their catcher is a 1st year JC player. Two of the main relievers are freshman. Two other FT players are freshman also. They definitely rely on their pitching and defense. Just a little factoid: Johnny Ruettiger who starts most of the time is the nephew of Rudy Ruettiger (who was the football player at ND the movie "Rudy" was based on).

Edited by Wanne

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
Nope, but I'll make sure to watch out for any of our guys slated to play. We'll also make sure that before the CWS starts that we have a list of guys still playing and when there teams are scheduled to play in the CWS.

Obviously I'm rooting for my Titans. Afterall, I am an Alumni. Turns out Chad Ford is also an alumni.

'

Glad ASU didn't have to play Arkansas first. Ark swept ASU this year in a mini 2-game set. They're this years Fresno State IMO....

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)
I think Rudy was the only movie that ever made me cry.

Ditto... I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Anyway, watching UVA-LSU right now. Go Mitchell! But go UVA!

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 06:35 PM)
Ditto... I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Anyway, watching UVA-LSU right now. Go Mitchell! But go UVA!

Well, s***... LSU won and Mitchell probably had the worst game of any LSU batter. I got the worst of both worlds.

Gritty win by ASU. UNC's White was great out there...but he should have been facing mostly freshman and sophomores. Spence was lights out though. Nice going into game 2 with Leake.

Go Southern Mississippi!!!!!

Edited by Wanne