The Unpopular Thread

knightni

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Scrubs, 24, The King of Queens, How I Met Your Mother, 2 1/2 Men, ER, any CSI, American Dad, newer Family Guy, new game shows (Deal or No Deal I'm looking at you!), any MTV network.

I could care less about hockey or professional wrestling.

Nicolas Cage gives me the willies.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 08:36 AM)
I don't like Scrubs, 24, The King of Queens, How I Met Your Mother, 2 1/2 Men, ER, any CSI, American Dad, newer Family Guy, new game shows (Deal or No Deal I'm looking at you!), any MTV network.

I could care less about hockey or professional wrestling.

Nicolas Cage gives me the willies.

Nicolas Cage has gotten kinda creepy. Not to mention most of the movies he makes are awful.

I don't care for college basketball as much as I do for the NBA. I just don't think 6 foot white guys should be able to dominate basketball the way they do in college.

I don't care for most domestic beers (Miller,Bud and Coors) I feel a majority of people who drink that crap on a regular basis are people swayed in by marketing and not the quality of the product.

I despise most top 40 music. If it's popular, I probably hate it.

I am tired of family guy. A bunch of funny lines thrown together, and some poor jerk has to draw a story around it.

I hate people who have to fill their Myspace pages with so many crap songs,pictures and videos that it takes 5 minutes to load .

I hate groups of people who stand side by side on an escalator blocking any attempt to walk around them. (this is especially annoying at an airport)

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 08:40 AM)
I don't care for college basketball as much as I do for the NBA. I just don't think 6 foot white guys should be able to dominate basketball the way they do in college.

I don't care for most domestic beers (Miller,Bud and Coors) I feel a majority of people who drink that crap on a regular basis are people swayed in by marketing and not the quality of the product.

I despise most top 40 music. If it's popular, I probably hate it.

I am tired of family guy. A bunch of funny lines thrown together, and some poor jerk has to draw a story around it.

I hate people who have to fill their Myspace pages with so many crap songs,pictures and videos that it takes 5 minutes to load .

I hate groups of people who stand side by side on an escalator blocking any attempt to walk around them. (this is especially annoying at an airport)

I thought this thread was for things most people would like that you hate. I doubt most people like obstructed escalators. :P

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 12:38 AM)
I'm really starting to dislike the NFL. There's just so much mediocrity in the league that it makes for a lot of games that are hard to watch. What makes it worse is that it's REALLY hard to ignore as a fan of other sports, the sports media bashes you over the head with NFL coverage ALL YEAR whether or not something interesting is happening. I really don't care who's griping about getting the franchise tag in March or who's holding out of training camp in July, why don't you cover a sport that's actually playing games? I know a lot of people follow the NFL, but it really gets ridiculous.

How about the NFL getting bolder and bolder about digging into our pockets because they're a monopoly and there's no viable competition? I love that.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 08:39 AM)
Nicolas Cage has gotten kinda creepy. Not to mention most of the movies he makes are awful.

My dad loves his movies, it drives me nuts. The last Cage movie that I liked was Matchstick Men, and only because it was out of character for him and I like Sam Rockwell

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 08:35 AM)
Boy oh boy, where to begin.

First and foremost on my list is Barack Obama.

Next up is whatever the fashion of the day is. Crocs, Uggs, Coach... If it means spending multiple times as much money for a basic fashion item because of its name alone, forget it.

Reality TV. Why does anyone watch American Idol anymore? It is the most dull and predictable thing on the planet. As for the rest of reality TV, its simple, you find the biggest bunch of jerks across the spectrum of humanity, put them into a "stressful" situation, and act surprised when they act like idiots. No thanks.

Wrestling, Ultimate fighting, Boxing etc. No interest in things where the primary objective is to beat the s*** out of each other, even worse if it involves dudes in tights and fancy costumes.

Anything to do with celebs doing stuff outside of what they are good at. I don't care who is dating who, who is angry, who is drunk, or who is in rehab.

Awards show. Emmy's, Tony's, Grammy, ESPY's etc. Boring and self-serving. We all pretty much already have our favorites, why bother?

Daytime television. Talk shows, judge shows etc are just awful. Most of it goes back to the reality TV formula.

if not for the bolded part i would nominate this as post of the year

always sunny in philly

scrubs

watched 2 episodes of philly and probably a half dozen scrubs...and had a small chuckle maybe once an episode...it just struck me that both shows try way too hard to be funny with jokes that frankly...aren't

I'm with the people who mentioned Ugg boots and the NFL. I will take it easy on the NFL because I think they've had a very good postseason in terms of the game entertainment value, but it's such an incredibly overrated league. And Ugg boots should be banned, I see so many girls in them around campus and they have the perfect name because I want to say "Ugh" everytime I see them. So ugly.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 08:48 AM)
I hate college football.

Yeah, I said it.

I think it's a far better product than the NFL in terms of entertainment value, but until it has a legitimate playoff and thusly a legitimate national champion, I can't argue much with people who feel this way.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 11:01 PM)
-Jean Shorts on men

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 11:11 PM)
Jorts (jean shorts)

I never knew about this until last year when I happened to be watching Next on MTV (horrible show but nothing else was on at the time) and the guys on the show started making fun of one of the other guys because he was wearing jorts. Hell, I'd never even heard the word "jorts" before.

Why are these so unpopular all of a sudden?

I've still got a couple pair that I wear every once in a while. I guess I fell off the fashion train many years ago... :headbang

College Sports

Jim Thome

Sideways

girls a size 6 or lower

pretzels

lobster

The Cubs

dolphins

Maggiano's

Frank Thomas's contributions to the 2005 season

Sam Adams the beer

Sam Adams the person

Frank Sinotra

Howie Mandell

CSI

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 12:43 PM)
Well, some girls actually enjoy giving them. If you find a girl like that you may change your opinion.

Yes. Absolutely agree. Find one of those and they will gladly change your mind. They aren't even that rare.

I could name a ton of stuff but most of it has already been said. Reality TV, the Cubs, beer, myspace, facebook.

There are a number of things that I don't hate but am pretty much indifferent too.

Nascar

Hockey

College sports

The Beatles

Led Zepplin

The Godfather Trilogy

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 11:30 AM)
I think it's a far better product than the NFL in terms of entertainment value, but until it has a legitimate playoff and thusly a legitimate national champion, I can't argue much with people who feel this way.

I watch the games sometimes only to see who's going to the NFL, after you watch enough NFL games the play just seems sloppy and second-rate. Which I could get past because it makes the game so dynamic (in the NFL often there's a lot of times where everyone is so good they can't even beat each other), but the playoff system is so retarded, and there's just dozens of bowl games between obscure teams where I wonder why anyone bothers to watch or care about them in any way.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 11:43 AM)
College Sports

Jim Thome

Sideways

girls a size 6 or lower

pretzels

lobster

The Cubs

dolphins

Maggiano's

Frank Thomas's contributions to the 2005 season

Sam Adams the beer

Sam Adams the person

Frank Sinotra

Howie Mandell

CSI

Sam Adams makes 26 different flavors of beer and you can't find one that you like?

Oh... and Steve..

White Sox Record in games where Frank Thomas Played

24-10 .705 (projected record at this pace would be 113-49)

White Sox Record without a Frank Thomas appearance

75-53 .585 (projected record at this pace would be 94-70)

White Sox Final Record 99-63 .611

Indians Final Record 93-69 .574

We would be cutting it real close without 2005 Frank. ;)