The Unpopular Thread

knightni

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about TV that much anymore. In fact if I didn't like sports and video games so much I could do without it entirely, except watching the occasional DVD. I only have DirecTV because my wife insists on having it because she's a TV addict.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 12:44 PM)
I don't care about TV that much anymore. In fact if I didn't like sports and video games so much I could do without it entirely, except watching the occasional DVD. I only have DirecTV because my wife insists on having it because she's a TV addict.

It's the other way around for me. When I met my wife she didn't even own a TV...or a microwave. Insane. When we moved in together I went ahead and bought a TV and got the DirecTv HD package but to this day we have no microwave.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 02:27 PM)
It's the other way around for me. When I met my wife she didn't even own a TV...or a microwave. Insane. When we moved in together I went ahead and bought a TV and got the DirecTv HD package but to this day we have no microwave.

lol, the microwave is as critical as a stove or refrigerator for me.

Oh, I despise Lil Wayne btw.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 12:44 PM)

All I really need my tv for is the Sox, video games, and movies. A day after a show is aired you can find it on the internet for free....and some sites let you download. I watch about 6 or 7 shows throughout the whole year. Don't need any of the useless 100 other stations, you should be able to pay per station, not for a package. I would seriously just have under 10 channels to watch...or just give me the channels the Sox are on, and I'll watch everything else on the internet.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 02:45 PM)
Hip-hop music is music for performers who can't make real music.

It's an entirely different genre/form and really shouldn't be evaluated the same way. That said, many of today's hip-hop artists (especially in rap) really blow ass and are an embarrassment.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 02:50 PM)
It's an entirely different genre/form and really shouldn't be evaluated the same way. That said, many of today's hip-hop artists (especially in rap) really blow ass and are an embarrassment.

Agreed. IMO, good hip-hop/rap music is the hardest to make. People will always argue that they sample something, loop it, and make rhymes about hoes, jewelry, cars, and drugs...but I said GOOD rap.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 01:45 PM)
Hip-hop music is music for performers who can't make real music.

I don't agree with this, but I will say that Hip-Hop has gone completely bad recently. It had a pretty good stretch the first half of this decade (as well as the mid to late 90's), but it's just gone completely down the s***ter the 2nd half of this decade. It's hard to listen to most of it these days, unless you work really hard to find good underground stuff.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 07:32 PM)
What is something that you dislike that many people would look at you funny if you told them that you didn't like it?

Warning: Nothing racist, sexist, anti- semitic, anti- religious, or anti-gay. Also, no wishing death or injury upon a person.

Example: I never liked beer and I think that Pro Wrestling is mindlessly unimportant.

i hate people who are redundant :angry:

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 02:12 PM)
Add me to the list of people who despise CSI and any other crime shows. THEY DON'T HAVE MAGICAL COMPUTERS WITH EVERY POSSIBLE PIECE OF DATA KNOWN TO MAN! THEY DON'T f***ING EXIST!

I'm looking at you Horacio, you f***ing f***.

If you hate Horacio, then you'll love this video...

Oh, and in response to your question earlier, I'm a Jack Daniels guy. Gentleman Jack specifically if I feel like spending a little extra. But that's only on special occasions.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 03:55 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1825404:date=Jan 23, 2009 -> 02:12 PM:name=SoxFan1)-->
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 02:12 PM)
<!--quotec-->Add me to the list of people who despise CSI and any other crime shows. THEY DON'T HAVE MAGICAL COMPUTERS WITH EVERY POSSIBLE PIECE OF DATA KNOWN TO MAN! THEY DON'T f***ING EXIST!

I'm looking at you Horacio, you f***ing f***.

If you hate Horacio, then you'll love this video...

Oh, and in response to your question earlier, I'm a Jack Daniels guy. Gentleman Jack specifically if I feel like spending a little extra. But that's only on special occasions.

That is the BEST video I have ever seen. Oh man.

Oh, and I have to say I despise the Jonas Brothers. (sp?) How they ever got famous/popular.. I'll never know. Coffee, and guys who wear tight jeans (notably the pop-rock/gothlic dudes) I hate also. Also cheap beer (Icehouse, I'll drink it but won't enjoy it.)

Oh and one more.... fat chicks who wear tight clothes. Personal hatred and disgusting.