The Popular Thread

NorthSideSox72

Sleeping outside in a tent, in the woods.

Cottage cheese, especially mixed into pasta with some parmesan.

Obscure character actors who really have only one character, like Michael Biehn.

I liked these widely-panned or box office flop movies: The Last Action Hero, Fallen, Serenity, The Edge

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love summer, not just the warm day, but the hot and humid days.

Old fashioned conservatism, real Jeffersonian type stuff.

Being politically involved

Listening to baseball on the radio

Economics

Rolling up my sleeves as a Dad, and really taking care of the kids, including diapers, clothes changes etc.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 08:54 AM)
Sleeping outside in a tent, in the woods.

Cottage cheese, especially mixed into pasta with some parmesan.

Obscure character actors who really have only one character, like Michael Biehn.

I liked these widely-panned or box office flop movies: The Last Action Hero, Fallen, Serenity, The Edge

I loved that movie, lol. I watched "They Live" last night, long live Roddy Piper!

I also like Top Chef(thanks alot Wife!)

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 11:29 AM)
I loved that movie, lol. I watched "They Live" last night, long live Roddy Piper!

I also like Top Chef(thanks alot Wife!)

i also admit that i watch top chef every week...and i watch food network often

Brussel sprouts

Catsup/ketchup on a hot dog (most of the time ONLY catsup/ketchup)

Going to movies or sporting events alone

and this may sound weird, but I liked the soreness of my "baseball muscles" after the first practice of a new season - the sore sides from swinging the bat and the sore shoulder from throwing after not doing it all winter

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
People don't like the Gin Blossoms? Seriously? They're poppy, yeah, but i can't see anyone being violently opposed to them.

....you, sir, must have somehow missed the Gin Blossoms Revolt of 1994....it was NOT pretty.....no one was spared, and women and small children looked on in abject terror....all who admitted or were found out to enjoy the Gin Blossoms' music were herded into a large stadium.....they were tortured in unmentionable fashion (and also in a few mentionable fashions, which will go unmentioned here, ironically).....the lifeless bodies of the Blossomites were then made into a mealy paste and fed to the few surviving Blossomers, while Found Out About You played on a loop.....if the human gruel didn't kill them, the forlorn melody did.....this dark moment in American history has been stricken from history books and news archives, and rightly so.....remembrance of this horrible display could only lead to repetition, and the torture of Hinder fans, 3 Doors Down aficianados, and followers of The Wallflowers would surely follow.

....I pray to a merciful God daily that I didn't remember....dammit, I wish I could forget.....

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 11:34 AM)
Carrottop? Really?

I haven't seen him in quite a few years but I discovered him in the early 90's on MTV. I went to his show a few times when he came to Rockford.

First time I saw him live, he was pretty funny.

Second time there was some repeat stuff but it was still pretty good.

Third time it was all repeated stuff.

Fourth time we skipped but some friends that went said that he did a lot of new material. Figures...

Some of the props he comes up with were pretty dumb but some were hilarious.