You know what I hate?

lostfan

Bikers on the side of the road who think they are actually riding in a legitimate vehicle.

Backseat drivers

The people who have mean crazy dogs and want me to treat it like an equal

loud cell phone answering jive talkers in the library

the DNR messin with me while I'm trying to fish

people who literally think that Obama is Superman, God, and The Beatles (don't get me wrong, he is a nice guy)

When I can't get off my lazy ass and do something

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 02:31 PM)
Bikers on the side of the road who think they are actually riding in a legitimate vehicle.

The law says they are. Same right to the road that you have in a car.

And as I am someone who has ridden back and forth to work many, many times, here are some related hates from me:

--Drivers who refuse to acknowledge bike lanes

--Drivers to scream at bikers to "get on the sidewalk", when in fact, bikes legally cannot do that and have to stay on the road

--Drivers who open their car doors on the street without looking first - and this is dangerous for bikers AND other cars

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 08:35 PM)
The law says they are. Same right to the road that you have in a car.

And as I am someone who has ridden back and forth to work many, many times, here are some related hates from me:

--Drivers who refuse to acknowledge bike lanes

--Drivers to scream at bikers to "get on the sidewalk", when in fact, bikes legally cannot do that and have to stay on the road

--Drivers who open their car doors on the street without looking first - and this is dangerous for bikers AND other cars

I suppose I overlooked that aspect then in my anger, I should have said that I hate that law.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 02:19 PM)
Also depends on what your baby is used to.

This X10000000. Bri has been hearing loud noise since day 1. She's slept at Sox games, Bears games, Bulls games, movies, the grocery store, the mall at Christmastime, etc, etc... I have yet to find a venue that when tired enough she wont sleep at. At nap time and night she sleeps with a radio tuned to static and if I forget to turn it on she won't sleep!

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 01:49 PM)
This debate is almost always along the lines of those with babies and those without.

For me it's not even a debate. I completely understand where they are coming from because I was once that person. Until I had a baby and realized I was wrong as long as the parent acts responsibly and is considerate of others.

QUOTE (Steff @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 03:24 PM)
This X10000000. Bri has been hearing loud noise since day 1. She's slept at Sox games, Bears games, Bulls games, movies, the grocery store, the mall at Christmastime, etc, etc... I have yet to find a venue that when tired enough she wont sleep at. At nap time and night she sleeps with a radio tuned to static and if I forget to turn it on she won't sleep!

Yea, I can relate to that. Of course this means that we are raising kiddos who will have sleeping disorders when they grow up if they live in a quiet neighborhood. :lol:

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
Yea, I can relate to that. Of course this means that we are raising kiddos who will have sleeping disorders when they grow up if they live in a quiet neighborhood. :lol:

Hey, it's good enough for me, it's good enough for her. Since forever ago I can't fall asleep without the tv on. Thank God for the timer function.

Valentine's Day. And ads for Valentine's Day for things like HTDVs which brings me to my point, what a stupid, artificially commercialized "holiday." Who buys their significant other a HDTV for Valentine's Day, and who asks to receive one? I mean, Christmas JUST happened.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 03:41 PM)
Valentine's Day. And ads for Valentine's Day for things like HTDVs which brings me to my point, what a stupid, artificially commercialized "holiday." Who buys their significant other a HDTV for Valentine's Day, and who asks to receive one? I mean, Christmas JUST happened.

I ask for one every holiday, this includes but is not limited to Valentines day, Sweetess day, Presidents day and ground hogs day...

QUOTE (Steff @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 03:34 PM)
Hey, it's good enough for me, it's good enough for her. Since forever ago I can't fall asleep without the tv on. Thank God for the timer function.

Alissa asks for the radio if we forget to turn it on. And since it's so noisy with her playing, Alaina is just used to noise all the time and when it's perfectly quiet, she's fussy. Kind of funny how you get used to something.

QUOTE (chwhtsox @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 04:45 PM)
I ask for one every holiday, this includes but is not limited to Valentines day, Sweetess day, Presidents day and ground hogs day...

Not your birthday?

Groundhog Day is my birthday coincidentally. :D

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 03:48 PM)
Not your birthday?

Groundhog Day is my birthday coincidentally. :D

Speaking of which my 27th birthday is next month and I hate it. I will probably be dead by my early 50's so I think I'm having my midlife crisis now. It really feels like Iam having some kinda age crisis though.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 04:52 PM)
Speaking of which my 27th birthday is next month and I hate it. I will probably be dead by my early 50's so I think I'm having my midlife crisis now. It really feels like Iam having some kinda age crisis though.

I always look at it like this - I look at life's major milestones. I bought a car brand new, got married, had a kid, bought a house, got relatively stable employment. The last milestone will be bachelor's degree, which will be later this year at the current rate. After that I have 50-60 years (of course who knows how long I'll actually live) of cruise control where I basically have nothing left to do except wait to die.