Chris Berman

mreye

Did anyone else hear him saying, "You can put it on the board...GONE!" ??

What a butcher job. I know. He doesn't spend his time watching Sox games. Hell, I try not to watch them so much anymore. But, if he's gonna try to emulate Hawk, he should at least have the words right.

I don't know who it was, but someone else on the broadcast was trying to correct him.

What a butcher job. I know. He doesn't spend his time watching Sox games. Hell, I try not to watch them so much anymore. But, if he's gonna try to emulate Hawk, he should at least have the words right.

I don't know who it was, but someone else on the broadcast was trying to correct him.

At least A-Rod picked him up and added a "Yes!" I was really impressed with A-Rod as a commentator, I wouldn't be surprised if he does that after he's done playing, he did a damn good job in my opinion.

At least A-Rod picked him up and added a "Yes!" I was really impressed with A-Rod as a commentator, I wouldn't be surprised if he does that after he's done playing, he did a damn good job in my opinion.

A-Rod was good. I doubt he'll have a job when he's done playing though. He'll need some time to spend his money.

My two biggest problems with him: 1) All of his stupid nicknames. He has them for almost everyone. Lasat night when he introduced, "Abert 'Winnie the Pooh' jols", I almost threw up. How disrespectful to a hitter of that caliber. 2) When he thinks of things to say as soon as the ball is hit and he knows it's gone, "OHHHH!!!! That one is going all the way to Gary, Indiana!!!!", as the damn thing lands 10 rows up. :puke :puke :puke

Another thing that ticked me off was during the introductions he mentioned something about Pujols winning the triple crown. Then, when they had Jim Edmonds on he was talking to him that it's too early to talk about triple crown and "I'll bet players hate when people talk like that."

You just did, you jackass!

ESPN would never get rid of Chris Berman though, he is like the Harry Carey of ESPN.  Granted his catchphrases get a little tiring, but so does everyone's.

I really don't mind him on sunday nfl primetime, but he has no right to be doing play by play or anything similar to that.

He does come up with some pretty good, creative nicknames, even if they get annoying sometimes.

ESPN would never get rid of Chris Berman though, he is like the Harry Carey of ESPN.  Granted his catchphrases get a little tiring, but so does everyone's.

Chris Berman in the same breath as Harry Caray? What people consider "good" these days never ceases to amaze me.

Octavio "sshhhh!"  Do-tel.  Every time he pitches Berman tells about how his kids made that up.

I hadn't heard that one, but he plays on the same team as Jeff "brownpaper" Bagwell

One of the longer ones is C.C. "splish splash i was taking" Sabathia.

I hadn't heard that one, but he plays on the same team as Jeff "brownpaper" Bagwell

One of the longer ones is C.C. "splish splash i was taking" Sabathia.

ROTFLMAO! Thats funna ass s***! How about:

Gary Shef-Field of Dreams? WTF?

And why the f*** was he screaming so loud about all the balls that barely clear the fence?

I really don't mind him on sunday nfl primetime, but he has no right to be doing play by play or anything similar to that.

He does come up with some pretty good, creative nicknames, even if they get annoying sometimes.

What do you mean by he doesn't have any right to do play by play?

What do you mean by he doesn't have any right to do play by play?

Because he is absolutely terrible at it...have you listened to the guy do a baseball game? he's absolutely horrible. I mean, he has no flare for the dramatic even in a home run derby. Instead of calling the big shots with some drama, he calls everyone just the same, whether it's 380 or 580 feet. Being at home, i'd expect the commentator to give me some sort of idea where this ball is going to end up.

Chris Berman in the same breath as Harry Caray? What people consider "good" these days never ceases to amaze me.

If you actually read my post, I said Chris Berman is like the Harry Carey of ESPN, popularity wise. I would mention anyone in the same breath as Harry Carey. He should have left the game ten years before he did. He made a mockery of his profession with his drunk incoherent ramblings. I've never liked Harry Carey.

If you actually read my post, I said Chris Berman is like the Harry Carey of ESPN, popularity wise.  I would mention anyone in the same breath as Harry Carey.  He should have left the game ten years before he did.  He made a mockery of his profession with his drunk incoherent ramblings.  I've never liked Harry Carey.

No way! You've got to be kidding!

Harry Caray was entertaining to listen to and he made the game fun.

Chris Berman uses way too many catch phrases and nicknames and knows little about the game of baseball if you listen to him. He badgers everything into the ground. In a word, annoying.

Harry Caray wasn't annoying. I wouldn't compare the two.

If you actually read my post, I said Chris Berman is like the Harry Carey of ESPN, popularity wise.  I would mention anyone in the same breath as Harry Carey.  He should have left the game ten years before he did.  He made a mockery of his profession with his drunk incoherent ramblings.  I've never liked Harry Carey.

I never liked Chris Berman or any of the blow dried cliche driven modern sports casters. You're right IMO when you state that Harry stayed too long. In his heyday I put him up there with Mel Allen and Bob Prince as the best play by play announcers in my lifetime.