Sox nugget?

toasty

QUOTE (WinningUgly85 @ Jan 28, 2009 -> 05:23 AM)
LOL! :lolhitting

Even if it didn't work out I have to say that was a great moment. Was anyone else in the ballroom when they announced that? I remember the opening ceremonies were delayed and everyone was getting restless...then they dropped that and the crowd went wild.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 27, 2009 -> 10:27 PM)
given the fact that this has been THE most boring offseason in recent history - it better be something worth talking about... lol

Since I've been on Soxtalk this offseason is about neck and neck with the 2003 offseason. Literally, nothing happened aside from Guillen being named manager (which happened in early November if I recall) and the following acquisitions: Sandy Alomar Jr., Juan Uribe, Cliff Politte and Shingo Takatsu. And since we collapsed in the final month of the 2003 season many fans were expecting Williams to significantly update the roster leading into 04'. It was definitely the most frustrating offseason.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (toasty @ Jan 27, 2009 -> 10:00 PM)
It was probably nothing, but on MJH today, carmen d. Was saying something about having a sox'nugget' possibly relating to sox fest. One of the other guys said he had the same one... But they didn't say what it was. Any ideas what the nugget might be?

Perhaps the Kosher dogs are being replaced with chicken nuggets. Uribe will be pissed.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jan 27, 2009 -> 10:57 PM)
I just blew out my acl and mcl and am stuck on the couch, I'll take anything right now. Even a Willie Harris rumor

Good luck with the surgery and rehab. Make sure the physician has done a alot of ACL repairs and everything will be fine. Just stick to the rehab protocol and do the exercises everyday.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jan 28, 2009 -> 12:50 AM)
I don't see it being much, maybe a backup catcher (didn't someone float an I-Rod rumor lately?)

i don't see I-Rod as an option. If AJ has anything it's an ego and I don't think the Sox want to upset him by bringing in a guy who would split time with him. His been good and behaving so far, why mess it up.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 28, 2009 -> 07:31 AM)
i don't see I-Rod as an option. If AJ has anything it's an ego and I don't think the Sox want to upset him by bringing in a guy who would split time with him. His been good and behaving so far, why mess it up.

at the same time, if the Sox could add a catcher who can mow down runners like Pudge can, that would be a heck of a 1-2 punch out of the catchers spot. Ozzie already platooned AJ and Toby last year, it didnt bother AJ that much

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 28, 2009 -> 07:41 AM)
at the same time, if the Sox could add a catcher who can mow down runners like Pudge can, that would be a heck of a 1-2 punch out of the catchers spot. Ozzie already platooned AJ and Toby last year, it didnt bother AJ that much

Hall played in only 41 games and had 127 ABs. That really isn't a platoon. If you can convince I-Rod to come here promising only those few ABs, then it would work. But sometinhg tells me he wants more than that.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 28, 2009 -> 08:31 AM)

I don't see it either, but maybe they think they could use him as a RH DH a few times and maybe even play him at 2b, something that had been discussed with other teams before. I think he's about done now though. Watching him hit would be sadder than watching how much Griffey has slid.