Sox nugget?

toasty

I would like to see I-Rod signed to DH against tough lefties, spell AJ as well as a late inning replacement. He is also a gamer that worked with Guillen in Florida.

Guillen does not replace the catcher during a game though so they would need to add a third catcher. Wasn't Ty Wiggington a catcher at one time. They would need an emergency type guy that could finish a game, or lose the DH.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jan 28, 2009 -> 08:49 AM)
Guillen does not replace the catcher during a game though so they would need to add a third catcher. Wasn't Ty Wiggington a catcher at one time. They would need an emergency type guy that could finish a game, or lose the DH.

We've pretty much gotten through the last 4 seasons without needing the emergency catcher outside of the September callup period.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jan 28, 2009 -> 11:47 PM)
It's probably something really f***ing lame and insulting which the board will go crazy over and treat as something special, like a pre-taped message from the new president talking about how he's looking forward to the season. In fact I'd be surprised if they don't do something lame and hokey like that.

Actually, that sounds pretty cool to me.