That Obama guy

Cubano

We are going to send him back to Chicago in 4 years. He was critizing our school system because they closed during the bad weather we just had. He said Washingtonian are not tough enough like Chicagoans are. Please......

We just had a period of lots of excesses from the government, banks and people. Now, we are going to combat this recession with more spending. Let the next bubble begins. I guess we will keep passing the cost to our kids and grandchildren. Anyways, they can not vote yet so lets screw them.

40 % of Americans do not pay taxes. Too bad I am not one of them.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cubano @ Jan 29, 2009 -> 08:02 PM)
We are going to send him back to Chicago in 4 years. He was critizing our school system because they closed during the bad weather we just had. He said Washingtonian are not tough enough like Chicagoans are. Please......

We just had a period of lots of excesses from the government, banks and people. Now, we are going to combat this recession with more spending. Let the next bubble begins. I guess we will keep passing the cost to our kids and grandchildren. Anyways, they can not vote yet so lets screw them.

40 % of Americans do not pay taxes. Too bad I am not one of them.

I think this belongs in the 'buster, and also, I disagree with your second point. Saving is what caused the great depression. Spending wisely creates other opportunities.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Jan 29, 2009 -> 09:06 PM)
I think this belongs in the 'buster, and also, I disagree with your second point. Saving is what caused the great depression. Spending wisely creates other opportunities.

There are different theories about the Great Depression. One says government spending helped and others said it did not help. Others said the WWII helped get out of it.

You spend and I save.

QUOTE (Cubano @ Jan 29, 2009 -> 08:13 PM)
There are different theories about the Great Depression. One says government spending helped and others said it did not help. Others said the WWII helped get out of it.

You spend and I save.

WWII = the largest government deficit spending program in history. By far.

There are different theories about the Great Depression.

One of the domestic theories is that the incredible rich/poor gap of the 20's led to such an income disparity amongst classes than the entire system needed to be flushed out in order to retain any sort of balance. Actions like taxing poor people is a great way to ensure we revert back to that kind of situation.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 29, 2009 -> 11:53 PM)
That 40% of Americans make on average about 24k a year. How much revenue do you expect to squeeze out of them?

Just DO NOT CALL IT A TAX CUT. OK. IF YOU DON"T PAY INCOME TAXES IT IS NOT A TAX CUT. And don't tell me payroll taxes, state and local taxes, blah blah blah.

So after we improve our roads what is the next president is going to do to keep the economy going. I guess upgrade more roads and bridges.

Aren't we drilling yet?

Our friends in the Middle East, Rusia, Venezuela, etc are going to provide us with the oil we need.

Edited by Cubano

Obama moved to reinforce the rights of organized labor. I think this is great. Just remember the Steal, Airlines and Auto makers industries. We may not have any industries soon left. All of them will be under government bailouts.

No more Capitalism in the USA.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 10:16 AM)
You are being utterly ridiculous.

No, I am not. In USA, the sky is the limit. You are responsible for your own decisions and mistakes. Let's not blame others for our own shortcomings.

QUOTE (Cubano @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 10:14 AM)
They are not trying hard enough...

That's got to be the most absurd thing I ever heard.

My family was pretty much broke my whole life growing up. He's fine now, but we struggled, and he worked hard, it took forever for him to finally get to where he is now (and my brother and I as a result). You could never tell me my dad never "tried hard enough" to provide for us. That's insanity.

At the end of the day, there are only X amount of jobs to go around. If it's not there, it's not there.

QUOTE (Cubano @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 09:20 AM)
No, I am not. In USA, the sky is the limit. You are responsible for your own decisions and mistakes. Let's not blame others for our own shortcomings.

Some people are lazy. However, the idea that anyone making less than 30k MUST be doing so because they aren't trying hard enough is, as BS said, utterly ridiculous.

QUOTE (Cubano @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 09:20 AM)

Who is blaming others? You're saying every single person in poverty is pointing fingers? When did you take that survey? Must have taken years.

QUOTE (Cubano @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 10:20 AM)

In life, you play the hand you get dealt. There are only so many face cards in the deck, though. Sometimes you can improve your hand. Sometimes you get lucky. Sometimes you're just dealt a crappy hand.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 10:23 AM)
Who is blaming others? You're saying every single person in poverty is pointing fingers? When did you take that survey? Must have taken years.

Envy!!!

I do not envy others for making more than I make. They put more effort than I did. This is the heart of the USA capitalism. You reward the smartest one and the hard workers.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)
Huh?

Who's envious? You just arbitrarily injected that word in here.

I am! You all need to start handing me 20% of your paychecks since I'm poor now. I mean let's just take out the government middle man, mmmmkay? Hand it over! Share the wealth!

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 10:24 AM)
In life, you play the hand you get dealt. There are only so many face cards in the deck, though. Sometimes you can improve your hand. Sometimes you get lucky. Sometimes you're just dealt a crappy hand.

Nowadays, this is a golden opportunity for people that have some money to invest. Putting money in the stock market, buying a house, etc. If somebody does that, good for him. He has vision while others lacked vision overspending 3, 5 years ago.

In the USA, anybody can go to college. Now, if you select a Mickey Mouse career that pays nothing, then it was your choice. I understand you need to do something you enjoy but do not blame others for this. Do not tell me I have to pay more in taxes because to support you.

I came from Cuba so I do not like the government put their little fingers on things. Any government...