That Obama guy

Cubano

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)
Cubano, you're extrapolating quite a bit. How many people went there, lets say 200,000, this is a nation of 300,000,000, so... you think that far less than 1% of our population could not afford to travel to Washington for a few days?

I wrote many not all. I am sure many of those people are in a hole. They just wanted to be part of history and I understand. I watched history on TV.

By the way, many kids ended in police custody because they got separated from their families.

QUOTE (Cubano @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 11:17 AM)
I wrote many not all. I am sure many of those people are in a hole. They just wanted to be part of history and I understand. I watched history on TV.

By the way, many kids ended in police custody because they got separated from their families.

Wow. How big of a soapbox did you purchase? Maybe you shouldn't use up all of your rants in a 6 hour time span. Spread them out a little.

Many of you have become extra personal in here. I am not ignorant about USA, etc. On the contrary, I read a lot about history, economy, etc. One thing I notice everywhere that the most passionate are the ones in the left. They group themselves and rally in the streets and in the web against anybody that disagree with their point of view. This happens around the world. I guess the left has the numbers.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 12:18 PM)
Wow. How big of a soapbox did you purchase? Maybe you shouldn't use up all of your rants in a 6 hour time span. Spread them out a little.

None Sir. I did not purchase anything. I would not put my kids through any of this. Cold weather in inaguration, New Years Eve, Macys, none of that.

QUOTE (Cubano @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 12:21 PM)
Many of you have become extra personal in here. I am not ignorant about USA, etc. On the contrary, I read a lot about history, economy, etc. One thing I notice everywhere that the most passionate are the ones in the left. They group themselves and rally in the streets and in the web against anybody that disagree with their point of view. This happens around the world. I guess the left has the numbers.

None of it's personal, that's just how it is in the Filibuster and we do it every day. We have heated arguments in these threads then we turn around and post in other threads like it didn't happen. No big deal. Like the description says, bring your thick skin.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 12:24 PM)
lol MACYS?

They went out of business. Did not? Maybe they would have saved some money by not doing the parade. Ha, ha ,ha.

WaltMart go WaltMart!

QUOTE (Cubano @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 10:51 AM)
If you are a business owner and Obama or Pedro come to you and says, I am raising your taxes. You say OK. Then, you past the cost to through your product to the consumers.

Who then promptly quit buying your product and/or switch to one of your competitors.

Not all companies can pass along price increases to consumers.

Demand determines what people will spend... not a business owners costs.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 12:28 PM)
None of it's personal, that's just how it is in the Filibuster and we do it every day. We have heated arguments in these threads then we turn around and post in other threads like it didn't happen. No big deal. Like the description says, bring your thick skin.

The problem in the USA is the following:

The Government overspend, people overspend, companies overspend, etc.

People want to have the lattest Laptop, Blackberry, Nintendo, car, etc.

People live in La La Land. I do not need any of that. When my thing break, then I buy a new one. There is no concept of savings. The government want you to spend. They overspend and then want your money.

QUOTE (Cubano @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 12:32 PM)
The problem in the USA is the following:

The Government overspend, people overspend, companies overspend, etc.

People want to have the lattest Laptop, Blackberry, Nintendo, car, etc.

People live in La La Land. I do not need any of that. When my thing break, then I buy a new one. There is no concept of savings. The government want you to spend. They overspend and then want your money.

I agree.

But. There is a case to be made for the gov't deficit spending right now in certain places (although the Democrats are going way overboard with it, IMO).

QUOTE (scenario @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 12:30 PM)
Who then promptly quit buying your product and/or switch to one of your competitors.

Not all companies can pass along price increases to consumers.

Demand determines what people will spend... not a business owners costs.

Then, I fire some employees or reduce benefits to remain competitive unless you are GM where the Union is God. I say let them go bancarrupt. None of my money should go to them.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 12:33 PM)
I agree.

But. There is a case to be made for the gov't deficit spending right now in certain places (although the Democrats are going way overboard with it, IMO).

All of them, Democrats and Republicans alike. You remember Bush telling you: "We need to go to war because of this and that." You know what happened.

Now we have Obama saying: "we need this stimulus because the world is coming to an end." This is more Mambo, Dumbo, Jumbo Propaganda.

Recesions are good. Recessions allow to eliminate excesses.

Edited by Cubano

OK, guys I am done with you. It is hard for me to keep arguing with you. I am fighting many of you and I am doing so in Shakespeare's language. It will be more different and easier for me with the Cervantes' language.

Bye, bye.

Edited by Cubano

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)
When was the last time the Federal Budget had a surplus FWIW?

Annual surplus or total numbers in the black?

Bush inherited a surplus and then basically torpedoed it completely with his combination of the Iraq invasion and tax cuts (which I never understood). As far as the last time the federal government hasn't had debt, I don't even know. A looooooong time ago.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 03:48 PM)
Once the Financials become the leader again

What I don't understand about that post is that it was preceded by one that said "let the banks fail." I thought about mentioning that but I'm sure I already know what the answer would be.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 03:50 PM)
Annual surplus or total numbers in the black?

Bush inherited a surplus and then basically torpedoed it completely with his combination of the Iraq invasion and tax cuts (which I never understood). As far as the last time the federal government hasn't had debt, I don't even know. A looooooong time ago.

Annual surplus.

I wasn't surprised at the answer, although I couldn't remember when exactly. Makes a lot of sense.