Uribe/Crede News

elrockinMT

I think this is definitely dated/old news.

Juan signed a minor league deal with the possibility of making $1 million if he makes the major league club...and Crede's workout is being hyped by the Boras Machine, but the likelihood of getting guaranteed numbers over $5.1 million is pretty laughable at this point as a concept.

Adam Dunn and Abreu might not even get $5 million the way things are going right now.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 05:02 PM)
I think this is definitely dated/old news.

Juan signed a minor league deal with the possibility of making $1 million if he makes the major league club...and Crede's workout is being hyped by the Boras Machine, but the likelihood of getting guaranteed numbers over $5.1 million is pretty laughable at this point as a concept.

Adam Dunn and Abreu might not even get $5 million the way things are going right now.

Old news? It was new news to me :lolhitting

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 05:02 PM)
URibe thread exists in Diamond Club.

Is it wrong to post this kind of news on this thread? If so I apologize. I don't always look at the Diamond Club as it indicates non-Sox news. I guess Crede and Uribe are non-Sox though. :huh

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 09:06 AM)
Is it wrong to post this kind of news on this thread? If so I apologize. I don't always look at the Diamond Club as it indicates non-Sox news. I guess Crede and Uribe are non-Sox though. :huh

At this point, I think we're trying to keep those sorts of details over there, yeah.

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 02:51 PM)
Didn't stop us with Swish last season. Dunn in Center!!!! :headbang

Swish really wasn't bad in CF. He wasn't good, but it's not like he was Macowiak blowing plays out there left and right. I'd say he was about league average. Honestly I think anyone who thought he sucked out there are just letting their memories of his non-existent bat affect their memory.

Former sox news (which now has turned into other players' news) =/= Sox news.

Really, who cares about Crede and Uribe?

We didn't offer them arbitration (thank God on Uribe for a chance to get a sandwich pick) so we couldn't negotiate with them until may 1st.

Pretty strange to see so many recognizable names still out there

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 08:09 PM)
Swish really wasn't bad in CF. He wasn't good, but it's not like he was Macowiak blowing plays out there left and right. I'd say he was about league average. Honestly I think anyone who thought he sucked out there are just letting their memories of his non-existent bat affect their memory.

I would agree that he wsn't worse than Mack. He was a good IBman and Swish did give 100% no doubt.