opinions wanted.

4 points

No way. It makes no sense at all. Beckham is farther along than Vitters, and we already have Viciedo and and Fields. Based on talent, I still wouldn't do that trade. Vitters is still, what, 19? His future is a lot harder to predict than Beckham's.

Edited by jenks45monster

i wouldn't...beckham is the safer pick IMO, but vitters has the higher upside....Vitters has big time power potential...all those doubles should turn into HR as he ages...but if i was a cub fan, id be nervous of the fact that he has only 16 walks in 324 minor league ABs....Beckham is farther along, will be in the majors quicker, and probably is more of a sure thing than vitters, and at a position we have far less depth at.

Agree, the answer is Beckham. Quality up the middle prospects are much harder to find than 1B/DH types. Vitters would have to have a huge talent advantage over Beckham to make up for the position scarcity issue, which I don't believe he has.