Official 2008-2009 NFL Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 03:54 PM)
Rams released Pace, Holt maybe next.

Bears should be the first one calling about Pace. Don't care about his injury status.

Pace is always hurt. He's practically played nothing in 2 years. At this point, we can't sign him and take chances.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 03:21 PM)
Pace is always hurt. He's practically played nothing in 2 years. At this point, we can't sign him and take chances.

He played 14 games last year. You're correct he was out the couple years beforehand...started 9 games the previous 2 years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 06:09 PM)
He played 14 games last year. You're correct he was out the couple years beforehand...started 9 games the previous 2 years.

I meant to write "He didn't practically play in the 2 years previous to last".

But you cleared it up for me. :notworthy

Link

Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth has been indicted on two misdemeanor traffic charges after a crash that seriously injured another driver.

District Attorney Kim Helper of Williamson County said Thursday that Haynesworth was indicted Monday on charges of reckless driving and having expired registration.

Haynesworth, a former Titan who signed with the Redskins last month, was released on $1,000 bond after surrendering Wednesday. Maximum punishment is six months in jail and a $500 fine on the reckless driving charge and 30 days in jail and a $50 fine for the other charge.

The charges come from a Dec. 13 incident in which Haynesworth tried to pass another driver, who crashed into a concrete median.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 05:33 PM)

Yikes, it's not the worst thing I've heard an NFL player do (Ray Carruth probably holds that title), but for a guy who has had character issues in the past... this is probably the last thing he needed.

well, he got his $$$ already so I dunno.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 06:45 PM)
Yikes, it's not the worst thing I've heard an NFL player do (Ray Carruth probably holds that title), but for a guy who has had character issues in the past... this is probably the last thing he needed.

well, he got his $$ already so I dunno.

The charges are from an incident that happened before he signed a deal. So that makes this less of a story.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 01:07 PM)
http://deadspin.com/5170729/matt-jones-rel...-jaguars-roster

Matt Jones released from the Jags. With the Bears complete lack of talent at WR, I hope they consider him

With his alcohol and coke problems, I really hope they do not consider him. This guy is one incident away from missing a season

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 02:19 PM)
With his alcohol and coke problems, I really hope they do not consider him. This guy is one incident away from missing a season

He's also coming off of his best season. I say give him a chance.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 02:23 PM)
He's also coming off of his best season. I say give him a chance.

I am pretty sure the Bears are going to be pretty conservative when giving out chances to folks like this. They have been burned pretty badly in the last 4 years

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 02:19 PM)

You can probably get him for very little and a one year guarantee. The Bears have a lack of skill on this team and they seriously need to start addressing that issue, sometimes teams need to take risks.

I do agree with you that it's a long shot, doesn't seem to be a Bears type move

QUOTE (rangercal @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 09:33 AM)
I'd have to say Cutler stacks up fine next to names like Ryan,Romo,Eli,Mcnabb,Warner.

I'd take him over Eli right now that's for sure.

Without Burress, Eli is nothing more than a mediocre to average QB.