Official 2008-2009 NFL Offseason Thread

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 03:51 PM)
What does a schools past have to do with any of it? If it was the same coach for all the years there maybe would be a better point.

You are correct, its even worse that he comes from a spread option attack which doesnt really prepare players too well for the NFL.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 11, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
Brett Favre retirement #2 starts now.

It will be interesting to see if this is for good, or if he's just a boxer type who plans to retire and unretire several times. As of now though, i'll be one of the first (and certainly not the last) to say that Brett Favre with the Jets=Willie Mays with the Mets, and it's a shame either of those short eras had to happen.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 11, 2009 -> 09:09 AM)
It will be interesting to see if this is for good, or if he's just a boxer type who plans to retire and unretire several times. As of now though, i'll be one of the first (and certainly not the last) to say that Brett Favre with the Jets=Willie Mays with the Mets, and it's a shame either of those short eras had to happen.

Last year I could understand why he came back, physically he seemed fine. This time though, I think everyone would agree his body finally started breaking down towards the end of this season.

Beat writer Jim Thomas says he's become "more and more" convinced that Orlando Pace will not be a Ram next season.

Moving Pace would save $6M under the salary cap. It would also make the Rams extremely likely to use the No. 2 overall draft pick on a left tackle. Pace is coming off a solid season, but he's 33 and due $5.975M in salary.

I'd like to have Pace over Flozell Adams at LT, but it'll never happen.

I wonder if the Bears would look at him though, even though they have Chris Williams?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 11, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
I'd like to have Pace over Flozell Adams at LT, but it'll never happen.

I wonder if the Bears would look at him though, even though they have Chris Williams?

I sincerely doubt the Bears are going to do anything that will block Williams at LT this season. If they were bringing in a guy to be a backup, an RT, or a guard, I could believe it, but unless they have other medical info saying that Williams is truly in bad shape, they're going to sink or swim with him.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 11, 2009 -> 07:49 PM)
The more I think about it, the more I kinda want the Bears to draft a LB to replace Urlacher

i said a while ago i think cushing would be perfect to play strong side right now, and potentially move inside in a couple years when urlacher is done

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 11, 2009 -> 06:49 PM)
The more I think about it, the more I kinda want the Bears to draft a LB to replace Urlacher

I've mentioned before that if Laurinaitis or Maualuga fall to the Bears, they should seriously consider using their pick on either of those guys.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 15, 2009 -> 03:47 AM)
I've mentioned before that if Laurinaitis or Maualuga fall to the Bears, they should seriously consider using their pick on either of those guys.

If Tait does retire, we're down to Williams at the OT position. Which means we must re-sign St. Clair, and must think hard and long about drafting Oher if he falls to us or trading up if he begins to fall.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Feb 15, 2009 -> 11:32 AM)
If Tait does retire, we're down to Williams at the OT position. Which means we must re-sign St. Clair, and must think hard and long about drafting Oher if he falls to us or trading up if he begins to fall.

If we have the opportunity to take Oher, it's a no-brainer.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 15, 2009 -> 02:47 AM)

And with those two you have your choice of what kind of LB you want to use moving forward. Both blitz well, Maualuga is a more punishing LB in a Ray Lewis mold and little Animal drops well into coverage and runs a defense fairly well.

Of course the bears will prob pick someone that pisses us all off anyway.