Denny's Free Grand Slams

SoxFan1

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 3, 2009 -> 10:58 AM)
Well, you didn't actually say "everyone", you said "nobody".

I thought you were being a little hard on yourself, calling yourself nobody like that...

well I......mmmm,....uh....

I've got nothing

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 3, 2009 -> 10:04 AM)
Pssht, there was a line 2/3 of the way around the place when I drove by this morning.

I am simply amazed at what people will go through to get free s*** or what they believe to be a good deal. You would think that cheap worhtless free t-shirts thrown out at sporting events had a value of around $100 the way poeple react.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Feb 3, 2009 -> 11:07 AM)
I am simply amazed at what people will go through to get free s*** or what they believe to be a good deal. You would think that cheap worhtless free t-shirts thrown out at sporting events had a value of around $100 the way poeple react.

I was at a bulls preseason game last year, and the parachute t-shirts started coming out and one was falling directly towards me. Some guy 4 rows down jumps out of his chair and starts dancing around trying to get it and literally jumps on top of me and snatches it out of my hand(i didnt even stand up, it was falling into my hand). I just sat there glaring at the guy and his entire group starts giving him hell about it, and he comes over and hands it to me and apologized and said he has season tix and he has about 11 of those shirts. I was thinking to myself "thanks man, but if you have all of these shirts already, why did you act like such a loon when it came out"

i wasnt even pissed about not getting the shirt, I was pissed the guy ran me over to get it.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (onedude @ Feb 3, 2009 -> 04:45 PM)
I went there at about 8 am, and the KFC next to the Denny's had a full parking lot...and it's closed, with people still pulling in. I wonder what the wait time was on getting a table.

The one by me was 3 hours.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 3, 2009 -> 07:54 PM)
I'll bet tips today were decent

You'd hope so, but it usually doesn't work that way. Most people are jerks and when they get free or reduced cost meals they manage to forget it takes just as much effort for the waitstaff to serve as full price meals and go cheap on the tip.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 3, 2009 -> 07:01 PM)
You'd hope so, but it usually doesn't work that way. Most people are jerks and when they get free or reduced cost meals they manage to forget it takes just as much effort for the waitstaff to serve as full price meals and go cheap on the tip.

yep, I'd bet there was a good amount of people having a grand slam and a water with leaving nothing as a tip.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 3, 2009 -> 07:01 PM)

I tip free drinks big.

When I worked at a pizza joint in Carbondale (Quatros) we had Q-bucks that were given to students and also stuck in newspaper mailers. We had a deal 1 large pizza 3 drinks for 11.26. People would write their checks or give me 10.26 in cash and hand me a q-buck. Man that stuff pissed me off