Silly Mariners-Quentin Rumor thread

whtsoxfan

I just read that KW and the Mariners are in talks of trading Carlos Quentin to the Mariners in a "MONSTER DEAL" that would send li Jarrod Washburn....Carlos Silva maybe, Morrow... here this is what it says

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/117754-...de-could-happen

Carlos Quentin

Aaron Poreda

Clayton Richard or Brandon Allen

To Seattle for

Brandon Morrow

Wladamir Balentein

Jarrod Washburn

Why would he trade highly thought of Aaron Poreda who Guillen says that everyone is going to love because of the way he pitches?

This trade suck...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 02:08 AM)
I just read that KW and the Mariners are in talks of trading Carlos Quentin to the Mariners in a "MONSTER DEAL" that would send li Jarrod Washburn....Carlos Silva maybe, Morrow... here this is what it says

Carlos Quentin

Aaron Poreda

To Seattle for

Brandon Morrow

Wladamir Balentein

Jarrod Washburn

Why would he trade highly thought of Aaron Poreda who Guillen says that everyone is going to love because of the way he pitches?

This trade suck...

Someone will be stabbed in the eyes if this happens...by me.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 01:08 AM)

Carlos Quentin

Aaron Poreda

To Seattle for

Brandon Morrow

Wladamir Balentein

Jarrod Washburn

lol

...and you're a cantaloupe.

That Quentin to Seattle deal is ludicrous.

The value of players like Silva and Washburn is negative. They're expensive rotation options that are not very good. If they were free agents in this market they would be out of work - instead they're guaranteed an insane amount of money.

Could have been the Twins that were talking to the Mariners, as they were rumored to have interest in Washburn as well as supposedly interested in moving Delmon Young. However, they would have also been trying to move some salary to the Mariners in any swap for Washburn, and that is where the talks probably fell apart.

What a terrible, terrible report.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 01:08 AM)

Carlos Quentin

Aaron Poreda

To Seattle for

Brandon Morrow

Wladamir Balentein

Jarrod Washburn

This trade suck...

You are correct. This trade suck

LOL, that fanboy loves to give up nothing and get everything

Edited by kyyle23

Anyone else read the comments after the linked article? Hilarious. People point out how ridiculous the trade, is, and the "reporter" who wrote the article gets defensive and calls people names. Its awesome.

This is a published blog? People actually read this guy? He acts like a 12 year old.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 07:33 AM)
Anyone else read the comments after the linked article? Hilarious. People point out how ridiculous the trade, is, and the "reporter" who wrote the article gets defensive and calls people names. Its awesome.

This is a published blog? People actually read this guy? He acts like a 12 year old.

the thing is the guy is probably right. I have little doubt the talks took place. The M's probably called and KW should always listen. They probably bantered back and forth and then said, no it won't work. Meanwhile this guy's "source" overheard the names and said there were discussions.

All of which was acurrate. However, if he's a responsible journalist and not just trying to scoop eveyone, he would haver sat back and thought, "this may have been discussed but it can't actually happen in this form."

QUOTE (ptatc @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 07:58 AM)
the thing is the guy is probably right. I have little doubt the talks took place. The M's probably called and KW should always listen. They probably bantered back and forth and then said, no it won't work. Meanwhile this guy's "source" overheard the names and said there were discussions.

All of which was acurrate. However, if he's a responsible journalist and not just trying to scoop eveyone, he would haver sat back and thought, "this may have been discussed but it can't actually happen in this form."

You don't, as a "journalist", get caught up in negative comments and hurl insults at your readers. This guy is a hack.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 07:58 AM)

Click on the "journalist"s name and check him out a sec. He is a mariners fanboy with a blog, not a journalist. This rumor is akin to a Cubs fan going to all of their favorite sites and then posting "Jake Peavy may be traded to the Cubs for Josh Vitters straight up......It Could Happen!", because that is what he did.

I wonder if the Mariners are on Dye's no trade list. Maybe there's a deal possible with them but not for TCQ. I think KW would trade TCQ if he were to get the right package and that package would have to begin with MLB proven stud starting pitching with lots of years before free agency. In other words, not very likely to happen. Why would you give up one of the best young hitters in baseball for guys like Washburn when there are cheap free agent pitchers available. If this rumor is not complete bs, then they must mean a trade around Dye.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 08:35 AM)
It'll be funny if the rumor we all dismiss right away as BS is the rumor that comes true. I agree that this is garbage though.

If it is true, the had better announce it after rush hour so people don't drive off of the road when they hear the news on the radio.