Silly Mariners-Quentin Rumor thread

whtsoxfan

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 12:56 PM)
200 IP, 3.45 ERA at age 22?

Yeah, those numbers are pretty much impossible to ignore.

He also pitched better away from Safeco last season.

The kid's an absolute stud, and will get a MEGA contract when he hits FA.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 12:49 PM)
I'd drive him to the airport.

But... if Brian Anderson was included in the deal, you wouldn't drive them to the airport...

You'd have to drive them all the way to Seattle...

Because that would be an epic road trip.

QUOTE (scenario @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 01:03 PM)
But... if Brian Anderson was included in the deal, you wouldn't drive them to the airport...

You'd have to drive them all the way to Seattle...

Because that would be an epic road trip.

I'd send Brian Fedex and buy Q a first class ticket.

I mentioned this yesterday in the Abreu thread. I think some kid made it up in the "comments" section of MLBTR and it's Abreu to Sox section.

I was in complete shock that some kid would be dumb enough to think Washburn had any value at all on the trade circuit. Now I am more shocked that Bleacherreport would run with it. How dumb are people?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 06:21 PM)
Ok here's a question.

If you were offered Felix Hernandez for Carlos Quentin, what would your response be? Would you ask for Morrow to be included in the deal also (with the Sox likely giving up something back I would think).

A young pitcher already showing a penchant for injuries for a stud slugger? No thanks

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 01:26 PM)
A young pitcher already showing a penchant for injuries for a stud slugger? No thanks

And Quentin's been as healthy as an ox...

Felix has made 31, 30, and 31 starts the past 3 seasons.

Edited by sircaffey

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 01:08 AM)
I just read that KW and the Mariners are in talks of trading Carlos Quentin to the Mariners in a "MONSTER DEAL" that would send li Jarrod Washburn....Carlos Silva maybe, Morrow... here this is what it says

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/117754-...de-could-happen

Carlos Quentin

Aaron Poreda

Clayton Richard or Brandon Allen

To Seattle for

Brandon Morrow

Wladamir Balentein

Jarrod Washburn

Why would he trade highly thought of Aaron Poreda who Guillen says that everyone is going to love because of the way he pitches?

This trade suck...

Stupid internet rumors. Why not throw in Floyd and Danks while were at it? Maybe even trade Alexi Ramirez to the Cubs for Aaron Miles and Paul Bako.

Would it be shady to make up a crazy totally untrue rumor on Soxtalk about some other team trading their best player for our worst player, and just completely play it up in the Diamond talk forum until MLBtraderumors picks up on it and posts it?

I totally want to do that

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
Would it be shady to make up a crazy totally untrue rumor on Soxtalk about some other team trading their best player for our worst player, and just completely play it up in the Diamond talk forum until MLBtraderumors picks up on it and posts it?

I totally want to do that

Do it.

I cant believe we are picking up Matt Cain and Aaron Rowand for Wilson Betemit and Brian Anderson and a mystery minor leaue pitcher.

I feel bad for the kid. He's an obvious Mariners fan who wants his lousy team to be better. The internet is a big place filled with crap just like the rest of the world. No need to treat him badly because he's not an expert on baseball yet. If Bleacher Reports wants to give space to young sports fans to play GM I say great. He got flamed as if he was a crack addict seducing someones sister. It amazes me how fast people are to show how smart they are by reveling in someone else's ignorance.

I read all the fan comments and started feeling bad for this Ben guy.

He made huge leaps, but even in his article he slots the Quentin part as his own speculation. He heard a rumor about a central guy going to M's...wrongly speculated it was Quentin instead of Delmon or someone like that.

Obviously he doesnt know enough about Carlos but the fans tear him eight new ones, whoa.