THE CARDINALS WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 12:58 PM)

None of those images show he definitively touched with the right foot. The second one is an odd angle and the bottom most tip of his foot is in line with the red in the background. That does not mean it is touching.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 01:00 PM)
None of those images show he definitively touched with the right foot. The second one is an odd angle and the bottom most tip of his foot is in line with the red in the background. That does not mean it is touching.

If Odd Angle means showing his foot dragging on the turf, then yes, its an odd angle.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 11:11 AM)
Shame on Fitzgerald for not thinking about football and instead just rushing into the endzone watching himself instead of thinking to stop and down the ball as close to the goalline as possible without crossing.

Quite frankly that might have been the smartest play in NFL history if he'd stopped at the 1.

Shame on Fitzgerald for not thinking about football and instead just rushing into the endzone watching himself instead of thinking to stop and down the ball as close to the goalline as possible without crossing.

While its an interesting idea, when you are down 4 points and can take the lead, you have to take the lead.

If Fitz downs it on the 1 inch line and AZ fails to score, it goes down as one of the biggest blunders in NFL history.

If Cardinals were down 3 there is a much better argument to be made, because AZ could have tied with a FG after 3 attempts at scoring.

{Edit}

There was 2:37 on the clock, even if he downs it at the 1, unless they run 2 plays its only taking another 30 seconds off the clock.

The risk wasnt worth the reward.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 01:13 PM)
Quite frankly that might have been the smartest play in NFL history if he'd stopped at the 1.

I actually said it out loud right after he ran through and broke free. I was thinking about Brian Westbrook who did that. But yeah, I thought it immediately and knew it would hurt them because Arizona's defense is a joke.

Afterward I thought, What if they can't get in? but if you really can't stack the line and push through for one yard on four tries, and if you don't trust your team to do that, there's something deathly wrong.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 08:18 PM)
Afterward I thought, What if they can't get in? but if you really can't stack the line and push through for one yard on four tries, and if you don't trust your team to do that, there's something deathly wrong.

With the way the officials were calling holding on every other play, you absolutely have to take the points when you can.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 01:20 PM)
With the way the officials were calling holding on every other play, you absolutely have to take the points when you can.

I don't think so. It's as risky as hell, but I'd have done it. At the least, he should've stopped at the line until someone got close then stepped over, just to kill a little bit more time. He was way out in front of everyone.

With 2:30 down 4 you take the lead.

Down 3 you could do something interesting, but down 4 you take the lead.

Down less than 3 I think is where its a smart move to down it. Your still taking a risk, but as an NFL team you have to believe you can kick a 20 yard field goal to win the game.

No one has pointed out how A. Rolle got into Fitzgerald's way on the INT return at the end of the half, preventing him from tackling Harrison around the 10.

Harrison's touchdown itself was rather iffy. If he was ruled down first I doubt it would've been overturned.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 01:37 PM)
I swear wondering the samething myself. I kept thinking that I could never see his second foot being down. No one else mentioned it, so I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me.

I kept saying his right foot is on his left. That's how it looked to me. But I figured it was just wishful thinking on my part.

No one has pointed out how A. Rolle got into Fitzgerald's way on the INT return at the end of the half, preventing him from tackling Harrison around the 10.

True that...Fitz would have easily had him, go into the half only down 3

Harrison was running so slow with his own safety in the way for the first 30 yards, I was so sure the Cards would tackle him. I didnt even think about him possibly scoring til he passed the 50.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 12:19 PM)
I have yet to see definitive evidence that his toe ever touched the endzone. That is all.

Of course, I have also yet to see definitive evidence that Warner's fumble wasn't really an incomplete pass.

I never saw definitive evidence that it didn't and last i looked that is what it takes to over-turn a call.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 02:25 PM)
I never saw definitive evidence that it didn't and last i looked that is what it takes to over-turn a call.

I'm not saying it should have been overturned. I'm just saying that it looks like the TD shouldn't have counted.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
I don't think so. It's as risky as hell, but I'd have done it. At the least, he should've stopped at the line until someone got close then stepped over, just to kill a little bit more time. He was way out in front of everyone.

<_>

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 02:19 PM)
I have yet to see definitive evidence that his toe ever touched the endzone. That is all.

Of course, I have also yet to see definitive evidence that Warner's fumble wasn't really an incomplete pass.

Here: http://www.steelersdepot.com/blog/2009/02/...-for-touchdown/

Here: http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/rope...0109_photo9.jpg