The greatest shoes ever known to man...

shipps

I was a young lad and it was my first pair of expensive shoes. I was so proud of these shoes I would look at them all the time. I would make sure not a speck of dirt got on them and if it did I would do the spit wash.

9f36.jpg

Back in college when I was playing basketball every day, I had a couple pair of Nike Air Raids. Perfect shoe for a big dude with ankle issues like me, with the torsion straps and heavy lugs. I was ecstatic when, a couple years ago, I stumbled on them again - Nike had brought them back. Best shoes ever for basketball, racquetball, anything with a lot of hard turns and plants.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 11:14 AM)
Chuck Taylors. Midnight blue canvas. Black rubber soles and trim. Wore them into the ground and never found them again. *sigh*

My hi-top Chucks were the best shoes I ever had. I had an everyday white pair, naturally, and also a pair each of green, yellow, and purple that were the barhopping and gig playing shoes in college. I wore them until the soles were nonexistent.

i am 24 years old and I got a pair of just the generic doc martens the summer between my freshman and sophomore year of high school...so that was, 2000...its amazing that they still fit, but even more amazing that they've lasted this long

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 09:23 AM)
I was a young lad and it was my first pair of expensive shoes. I was so proud of these shoes I would look at them all the time. I would make sure not a speck of dirt got on them and if it did I would do the spit wash.

9f36.jpg

I had those shoes except in black. I finally had to throw them away around 2001 or so when the soles literally fell off them. It was a sad day.

I've got a pair of boots that I've had since 1996. They look like hell but still fit and they don't have any holes in them.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 11:15 AM)
i am 24 years old and I got a pair of just the generic doc martens the summer between my freshman and sophomore year of high school...so that was, 2000...its amazing that they still fit, but even more amazing that they've lasted this long

I still wear a pair of doc's that I bought in 1998.