The greatest shoes ever known to man...

shipps

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 03:18 PM)
Black calf-length control socks are mandatory at your age, I assume.

B)

What else would I wear with my favorite shorts? :huh

bastard :crying

i am 24 years old and I got a pair of just the generic doc martens the summer between my freshman and sophomore year of high school...so that was, 2000...its amazing that they still fit, but even more amazing that they've lasted this long

Same here.

Here's a vote for L.A. Tech

LA_Gear_Lights_Leap_Gear_Turbo_White_Black_Purple_003.jpg

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 03:21 PM)
No one has mentioned the pumps yet?

Anyways, my favs are on my feet right now. The Nike Air Shox.

I was actually robbed for my pumps when I was 11 years old (day after Christmas), I was so excited to get them and thought I was the sh**. I was walking down 31st st., as I crossed Emerald I was surrounded by 3 people who promptly took the shoes right off of my feet. I walked all the way to 33rd and Parnell in my socks. Didn't really want to talk about it but yeah, thanks for bringing up the pumps...

That was the old fashion robberies/stealings back in the 90's. People would either rob, or steal your shoes (Jordans/Barkleys/Shaqs etc..) sometimes even resulting in death. (few instances where some actually killed a person(s) if that person(s) refused to give them their shoes)

I had my Jordans stolen back when I was a kid in my gym class (had to climb a rope/gymnastics to pass the test) Some kid took them where most of the kids kept their shoes (two other guys had theirs taken also) and luckally my mom went back and brought me some other shoes making sure I don't miss any education. :lol:

i can't find a pic unfortunately...but when i was in little league, i had the frank thomas cleats with the zebra stripes, on the back they had "big hurt 35" on em...alot of kids had em but they were sweet...if anyone can find a pic of them, or of the big hurt wearing em I would love to see it

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 07:35 PM)
i can't find a pic unfortunately...but when i was in little league, i had the frank thomas cleats with the zebra stripes, on the back they had "big hurt 35" on em...alot of kids had em but they were sweet...if anyone can find a pic of them, or of the big hurt wearing em I would love to see it

Check this site out. Just happened to run across it. http://www.frankthomascollection.com/

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 08:41 PM)

I had those, but these are the shoes he was talking about.

http://www.frankthomascollection.com/Reebok_Page_5.html

The tennis shoe version was much more obnoxious, from what I remember.

And wow, did I just find my new favorite site.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)
Black calf-length control socks are mandatory at your age, I assume.

B)

What's funny to me about this is that the black calf-length sock stereotype for old men has seemed to find itself to the younger crowd, mostly people I know from Ohio. All my buddies from Cincinnati wear black calf-length crew socks for some reason. I mean, not all the time, but definitely often. I actually like the look. I notice guys in the gym going with this look more and more now.

I put on a pair myself last summer with my running shoes and athletic shorts, and my mom just started laughing at me. She was like "That's what old men wear!" Made me feel stupid.

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 10:19 PM)
I had those, but these are the shoes he was talking about.

http://www.frankthomascollection.com/Reebok_Page_5.html

The tennis shoe version was much more obnoxious, from what I remember.

And wow, did I just find my new favorite site.

the ones he is wearing in that pic on the top are not them...but they are the ones in the middle on the bottom