Homework Help

Texsox

So many choices, so many ideas. I have to write a full length obituary of a fictional character, the Professor of the course, or any faculty member who would be willing to answer some background info and etc. I'm thinking the fictional character wouold be the most fun. But which one. Ribbie is too obscure here, so it needs to be someone reasonably well known.

Willy Loman? Devoted Husband of Linda; Proud Father of Biff and Happy; Brother of Ben. "Popular" salesman known up and down the East Coast. Very heavily insured. Died in an apparent single car accident; circumstances of which remain under investigation.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 12:13 AM)
Bill Brasky

:lol: Phenomenal response! Except now that I think about it, would it even be possible for Bill Brasky to die?

On a side note, I'm glad they specified writing an obituary on a fictional person b/c a fake obituary for Shaun Ellis (current Jets DE) for a journalism class here at UT accidentally got put on the school's online newspaper. Since he's a UT alum, a bunch of people started freaking out. Kind of f***ed up for someone to have written an obituary about a real person - just seems wrong.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 03:15 AM)
:lol: Phenomenal response! Except now that I think about it, would it even be possible for Bill Brasky to die?

You didn't hear about how he died?

Bill Brasky had a four day heart attack...a day for each chamber. At the autopsy, they said his heart looked like a basketball filled with riccotta cheese

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 09:29 AM)
Great book, really the first thing that got me into New Orleans culture. I'm impressed.

If the prof is familiar with the book you could do it in two parts, a very short one that would be realistic then a second part in the style of how Ignatius wrote in the book