Homework Help

Texsox

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 11:20 AM)
I meant the sections where Ignatius was writing his journals/books, basically write a simple two sentence one and then one about how Ignatius would write his own obit

I figured as much, and was just funnin'.

Amazing to think that Dunces might very well never have been published if there wasn't a carbon copy of the manuscript left in his room for his mother to find after his death. It's really time to reread that one.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 10:24 AM)
I figured as much, and was just funnin'.

Amazing to think that Dunces might very well never have been published if there wasn't a carbon copy of the manuscript left in his room for his mother to find after his death. It's really time to reread that one.

Yeah, how it got published is one of the oddest stories, epecially since his mom was so persistant with it too. The copy I have has a forward by the professor who helped get it published.

I would assume Toole was hoping to write more books continuing stories of some of the characters. I can say that's the one thing about the book, it leaves me wanting more.

I've seen they've tried to make it a movie a few times but always end up not happening for various reasons. Early on there was plans with Belushi and Pryor and then recentally a reading done with Will Farrel (sp?) Lily Tomlin and Paul Rudd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Confederacy...ilm_adaptations

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 11:32 AM)
I've seen they've tried to make it a movie a few times but always end up not happening for various reasons. Early on there was plans with Belushi and Pryor and then recentally a reading done with Will Farrel (sp?) Lily Tomlin and Paul Rudd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Confederacy...ilm_adaptations

John Candy and Chris Farley were supposedly also tapped for the part before they died, so there does seem to be a bit of a curse there.

The final submission, which may now get me caught up in the plagiarizer software at my university :lolhitting

“We stood there thinking of possible reasons why he was turning blue and making those weird gyrations. We discussed every possibility, Hepatocellular carcinoma, Lupus, African trypanosomiasis, Arteriovenous malformation, and a dozen more. We just never thought he could be choking on a pen cap” the pain was evident in his voice as Robert Chase recounted the harrowing moments as he watched his colleague Gregory House pass away this past Monday.

Arriving at Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital in 2002, House quickly established a reputation for his diagnostic skills and somewhat abrasive personality. House’s trademark cane and Honda motorcycle made him an icon at the Hospital. A muscle infarction that took three days to diagnose in 2001 had left him with a limp. The constant pain forced him on an aggressive schedule of Vicodin. “Ironically, during his career, he successfully diagnosed everyone except himself” said close friend James Wilson.

As the team of Doctors looked on, House, 53, began waving his arms and turning a bright red. “We’ve seen him like this before and assumed he was mad about some diagnosis we missed or having to serve a few hours in the Clinic. Usually we ignore him and he is back to normal in a little while. Ironically, I guess we were missing a diagnosis – his” recalled Allison Cameron.

House seemed to be trying to help the Doctors with the crucial diagnosis. “We thought by then he might be in trouble and he wanted to help with the diagnosis. However, remembering our training and what he always told us, that everybody lies, we decided to observe for a few more minutes. Nevertheless, he was pretty convincing,” said Chase.

At one point, he grabbed the pen and waved it in front of the Doctors. “As I stood there looking at the pen I thought, pen, pen, penis! It must be something with his penis. But we couldn’t think of any diseases that would attack the penis and that would account for his blue color and inability to talk” Cameron lamented. “Further confusing the matter is he is the only one allowed to write with the pen,” she added.

House received his professional training at John Hopkins Medical School and the University of Michigan. It was at the University of Michigan that House met his future employer at Princeton Plainsboro, Lisa Cuddy. Cuddy discussed the loss of her colleague. “This is such a shock to us all. To have someone so talented die, surrounded by friends and five Doctors is almost too much to comprehend.”

A self-described “military brat”, House spent much of his childhood following his mother and father from military base to military base. He often remarked that he credits his childhood in Egypt to his long time fascination with archeology, and his time in Japan for his vocation. He remembered seeing the respect that everyone gave the buraka (Doctor) who found the correct diagnosis and treatment after others had failed. His travels also help shape his interest in language. House spoke English, Spanish, Portuguese, Yiddish, Japanese, French, Hindi, and Mandarin.

Survivors include his mother, Blythe House and former wife Stacy Warner. He is preceded in death by his father John House.

Arrangements are under the care of Plainsboro Funeral Home. Visitation will be Sunday, January 18, from 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Further details have not been released.

QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ Feb 19, 2009 -> 01:40 PM)
Very nice!....though I don't think he ever married Stacey.

Hmm, I know she had power of attorney while he was undergoing the operation, I believe my wource was a wiki, and that can never be wrong