Dayán Viciedo BP Session

Cubano

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like his swing A LOT. He doesn't drop his hands much, which shows me that he should be able to catch up to the major league fastball. His bat speed wasn't magnificent, but it was BP. What stood out to me most was how well he stayed back on the ball and than attacked with his hands first to the ball. He's got a strong swing, no doubt about that. He stands a bit high in his stance, but I don't think it'll be a problem at all. It was nice to see him go the other way too, which a lot of guys don't do in BP. It also looks like he has good overall balance.

I'm impressed. The guys is a mammoth.

He looked good I guess? Most minor league players can look good taking measly BP. Sure, he some line drives as you could see from the reverse angle, but go by some high school playing fields and guys are raking. I won't be ready to make any judgment about his readiness for the Majors until I see him live in ST against real pitchers. I am sure Borchard put on quite the show during BP and look where it got him.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 03:06 PM)
I like his swing A LOT. He doesn't drop his hands much, which shows me that he should be able to catch up to the major league fastball. His bat speed wasn't magnificent, but it was BP. What stood out to me most was how well he stayed back on the ball and than attacked with his hands first to the ball. He's got a strong swing, no doubt about that. He stands a bit high in his stance, but I don't think it'll be a problem at all. It was nice to see him go the other way too, which a lot of guys don't do in BP. It also looks like he has good overall balance.

I'm impressed. The guys is a mammoth.

He doesn't stay back nearly enough to handle a breaking ball. His head travels way too much. Watch the side angle.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 05:40 PM)
He doesn't stay back nearly enough to handle a breaking ball. His head travels way too much. Watch the side angle.

I think that's more of a product of knowing what is coming and cheating a little bit.

Few things I would like to say, just a few.

-Everything seemed to jump off his bat at a line drive angle.

-Has solid balance in his stance and swing

-Drives his hands through the ball and uses his hips well

-I think Gordan and Dayan will be playing for this ballclub by late June

I think Kenny has a fine eye for talent and this guy will prove it like the Cuban Missile did last year.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 08:51 PM)
dont like the redirect through his homepage? LOL

If I catch the thread late, I have to search through it to find what he's talking about.

It is blogspam, but this would've worked: http://cubanballplayers.blogspot.com/2009/...bp-session.html

Edited by BobDylan