JOE.CREDE. = Twinkie

Kyyle23

I'm not a big believer in clutch, but I have something to throw at the clutch argument.

.284/.321/.468/.790 career line in high leverage situations. That's compared to .761 in medium leverage and .730 in low leverage.

Anyways, it's wrong to see Joe in a Twins uniform, and I don't hope he performs well this year. That said, thanks for the memories Joe. You helped win some damn big games.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fearing his wrath, longing for his return or exaggerating his worth is not necessary, appreciating him for what he was and admiring him for what he helped that '05 team accomplish should be more than enough.

Fair enough.

As far as whoever brought race into this, give me a break.

That did get me thinking, however, to why I really like Joe. One of the reasons is I played third base all my life and naturally you look at that position more than others if you played it all your life. I thought he was a great great third baseman, except for last year. I will miss his D.

He is awfully slow on the basepaths, so hopefully he'll slow down the piranhas.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 11:27 PM)
Looks like the twins are also getting Juan Cruz. They are, once again, going to be very dangerous.

If I were putting money on it, I'd take the twins to lead the division start to finish. if they get the bridge to nathan they will be deadly. they also need a lefty in the pen. but otherwise, they are just solid top to bottom, especially if Crede plays 140 injury free games or more. i hate them, but have deep respect for them. And speaking of Nathan, isn't that guy due for an off year??

2005 WS remaining (Playoff) Roster

Ozzie Guillen (Manager)

Bobby Jenks

Jose Contreras

Mark Buehrle

AJ Pierzynski

Paul Konerko

Jermaine Dye

I never would have bet money that this team would've changed this much in 4 years

Edited by joesaiditstrue

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Feb 23, 2009 -> 04:43 PM)

Ozzie Guillen (Manager)

Bobby Jenks

Jose Contreras

Mark Buehrle

AJ Pierzynski

Paul Konerko

Jermaine Dye

I never would have bet money that this team would've changed this much in 4 years

Frankly, I'm surprised that a quarter of that team is still around. The Astros only have 5 players left from their '05 team.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 11:18 PM)
Just saw videos of Crede in a Twins uniform, makes me want to puke.

This is pretty much our equivalent of Damon going from the Red Sox to the Yankees. Like Damon, Crede is the villain of the piece. I hold no ill will towards Joe just frustration over how he and his agent handled the contract situation. Just another example of how much of a commitment the Danks family has to this organization, they made some concessions, Crede vehemently did not.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 24, 2009 -> 01:08 AM)
This is pretty much our equivalent of Damon going from the Red Sox to the Yankees. Like Damon, Crede is the villain of the piece. I hold no ill will towards Joe just frustration over how he and his agent handled the contract situation. Just another example of how much of a commitment the Danks family has to this organization, they made some concessions, Crede vehemently did not.

No it's not...Boston wanted Damon back, and the White Sox didn't want Crede back.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 24, 2009 -> 02:01 AM)
I didn't say the situations were exact replicas of each other, but the parallel is quite clear. Both were beloved franchise players, who turned to the "dark side"

I'm sure it's just me, but the "dark side" for the White Sox would be the Cubs.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 23, 2009 -> 08:05 PM)
I'm sure it's just me, but the "dark side" for the White Sox would be the Cubs.

For me it's the Twins. I don't live in Chicago so I don't the up close and personal hatred for both teams. What I do know is the team in my back yard has been the thorn in the White Sox side for the past decade. And I dislike the Twins more than any team in any sport. Yes, we have the ultimate goal and they don't in this decade, but they've won more division titles and more games.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Feb 23, 2009 -> 04:43 PM)

Ozzie Guillen (Manager)

Bobby Jenks

Jose Contreras

Mark Buehrle

AJ Pierzynski

Paul Konerko

Jermaine Dye

This time next year, that list of 6 will be a list of 3, at most. Buehrle stays, probably AJ and Jenks. Jose, Konerko and Dye will all be gone, is my guess.

Great Move for the Twins. Not so great move for the Sox. I mean if he stays healthy, which I doubt, but if so I am going to dread the late inning situations against him. When healthy he is a potential gold glover/all star. Patient hitter at the plate and doesn't strike out much. We have a guy in Fields who strikes out a ton and plays ok defensively. Twins upgrade..sox downgrade..this offseason sucks!

QUOTE (MO2005 @ Feb 24, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)
Great Move for the Twins. Not so great move for the Sox. I mean if he stays healthy, which I doubt, but if so I am going to dread the late inning situations against him. When healthy he is a potential gold glover/all star. Patient hitter at the plate and doesn't strike out much. We have a guy in Fields who strikes out a ton and plays ok defensively. Twins upgrade..sox downgrade..this offseason sucks!

Im not sure how moving from Uribe to Fields is a downgrade at 3B.

QUOTE (MO2005 @ Feb 24, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)

He's below average. Sure he doesn't strike out 100 times a season but he still K's 2.5 times more often than he walks and sees a below average number of pitches per plate appearance. How much more valuable is an infield popout compared to a strikeout? And I still don't see how the Sox are downgrading when they haven't had a regular 3B since 2006.

Here I go again going after Joe, the season really needs to start so we can get some real baseball talk going.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 24, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
He's below average. Sure he doesn't strike out 100 times a season but he still K's 2.5 times more often than he walks and sees a below average number of pitches per plate appearance. How much more valuable is an infield popout compared to a strikeout? And I still don't see how the Sox are downgrading when they haven't had a regular 3B since 2006.

Here I go again going after Joe, the season really needs to start so we can get some real baseball talk going.

Pop ups can now be lost in the ceiling.