JOE.CREDE. = Twinkie

Kyyle23

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 11:14 AM)
i think thats why most sox fans hate the cubs bcuz i was the same. i didnt dislike the cubs, i just liked the sox, but its when the cub fans start talking crap that u learn to dislike them. vise versa too

You're probably right.

BTW, what do the numbers at the end of your name mean? I've seen that before, the 1334 thing. Is it like some code or something?

I would rather have Joe on the Cubs than the Twins.

Last year was so great when we swept them after they swept us in those 3 at Wrigley.

Those games truly truly sucked.

Hope we have a less jeckyll/hyde team this year.

That team we had last year could be maddening when things weren't going well.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 11:25 AM)
You're probably right.

BTW, what do the numbers at the end of your name mean? I've seen that before, the 1334 thing. Is it like some code or something?

lol i just always use them bcuz i wont forget them. i chose them because ozzie(13)and freddy(34, probly my fave ex sox of all time) bcuz if i chose some random number i wouldnt remember them lol

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 12:21 PM)
Its sad, but I would rather have the Joe Crede is the greatest, versus Joe Crede sucks arguements again, versus this Cubs arguement :lolhitting

Haha, this thread has taken some weird turns. I don't even know how the discussion got to this point. This just goes to show that we need to get into the season. We have nothing else to talk about in baseball.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 01:46 PM)
lol i just always use them bcuz i wont forget them. i chose them because ozzie(13)and freddy(34, probly my fave ex sox of all time) bcuz if i chose some random number i wouldnt remember them lol

Oh that's cool then. I looked that up on the urban dictionary and apparently has something to do with goth music, being "pwned" and hacking. Lame. Glad to see you don't suck.

My dad always told me you should pick a pin number that was the year of your birthday multiplied by 3.

Now I have a new idea, haha.

And whoever said the Twins don't have a LH reliever, they have Breslow and Mijares, who were probably their best relievers down the stretch. It was Nathan, Crain, Guerrier and Guardado that were the shakiest.

The Twins will have an interesting battle for the outfield (right now Delmon Young, who is their most talent player, is ticket for the bench) and at SS (Punto vs. Brendan Harris).

Their long relief is still unsettled too. Bonser's out for the year. Maybe Humber or Mulvey, RA Dickey, someone like that. Just glad they didn't get Juan Cruz. I agree, though, that if Liriano is close to his 2006 form, then the Twins are the team to beat.

By the way, who said that Crede isn't the best defender in the AL Central?

CHW=Fields/Viciedo/Betemit

CLE=DeRosa or Peralta

DET=Brandon Inge

KC=Alex Gordon

Inge and Gordon are good athletes, but there's no way they are obviously better than a closer to healthy Crede. The White Sox and Indians might have even more of a train wreck on their hands.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 28, 2009 -> 10:16 AM)
My dad always told me you should pick a pin number that was the year of your birthday multiplied by 3.

And whoever said the Twins don't have a LH reliever, they have Breslow and Mijares, who were probably their best relievers down the stretch. It was Nathan, Crain, Guerrier and Guardado that were the shakiest.

The Twins will have an interesting battle for the outfield (right now Delmon Young, who is their most talent player, is ticket for the bench) and at SS (Punto vs. Brendan Harris).

Their long relief is still unsettled too. Bonser's out for the year. Maybe Humber or Mulvey, RA Dickey, someone like that. Just glad they didn't get Juan Cruz. I agree, though, that if Liriano is close to his 2006 form, then the Twins are the team to beat.

CLE=DeRosa or Peralta

DET=Brandon Inge

KC=Alex Gordon

Inge and Gordon are good athletes, but there's no way they are obviously better than a closer to healthy Crede. The White Sox and Indians might have even more of a train wreck on their hands.

Considering his health status over the last few years, saying healthy Crede is akin to healthy wood or Prior or now Milton Bradley. Sure if the stars align and he can make it through the season and his back is okay he is a good defender. But we all saw what happens when the back tweaks a bit, and his throws start to sail a bit. Last year, he looked nothing like the Joe Crede we have seen here before from the defense standpoint. He again will have the same motivation to stay on the field even if his back hurts as he did last year even if he is unhealthy as he needs to prove he can hold up over the course of the year. He will be less likely to take time off to rest his back on his own. So unless a miracle happened and his back is fixed forever we won't see the same defender. We however will see periods of time where he is that plus defender. Just holding up over the course of the season will be hard.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 08:27 AM)
I live in the NW Suburbs, aka Cubby heaven. I still dont hate the Cubs like everyone else does, I actually enjoy watching them sometimes. The two teams that I do not care for at all are the Yankees/Redsox. I also root for AL Central teams especially in the playoffs if the Whitesox are not affected by it. Although the Twins do annoy me sometimes, it helps Brad Radke, Torri Hunter, and AJ Pierynzski arent playing for them anymore.

AJ and Hunter were definitely their leaders you hated...Santana you just respected the heck out of, and I never came close to anything but admiration for Radke, because he went through almost a decade of being on a rebuilding team, and his final season, it was amazing his arm/shoulder/elbow didn't completely fall apart, he was pitching in so much pain but still gutting it out.

I guess you can hate Nathan for being so good and sort of cocky, but the players I disliked even more:

Denny Hocking

Lew Ford

Jason Tyner

Jason Bartlett

Nick Punto

Doug Mietkiewicz

Matt LeCroy

Henry Blanco or Mike Redmond

Just because they alway found annoying ways to beat the White Sox somehow, and they are/were mostly role/utility or "complementary" players.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 28, 2009 -> 10:57 AM)
AJ and Hunter were definitely their leaders you hated...Santana you just respected the heck out of, and I never came close to anything but admiration for Radke, because he went through almost a decade of being on a rebuilding team, and his final season, it was amazing his arm/shoulder/elbow didn't completely fall apart, he was pitching in so much pain but still gutting it out.

I guess you can hate Nathan for being so good and sort of cocky, but the players I disliked even more:

Denny Hocking

Lew Ford

Jason Tyner

Jason Bartlett

Nick Punto

Doug Mietkiewicz

Matt LeCroy

Henry Blanco or Mike Redmond

Just because they alway found annoying ways to beat the White Sox somehow, and they are/were mostly role/utility or "complementary" players.

I'd add Corey Koskie to that list, also Christian Guzman. I immediately liked Coskie once he got out of Minny though and hopefully he can get healthy and get back into baseball. Ditto with Torii Hunter.

Also I too respect the hell out of Brad Radke. That guy had no arm anymore and somehow helped lead that team to a highly improbable division title in his final season. 40-man rosters, Double A, Triple A, and fronts of bullpens and back-ends of starting rotations all throughout Major League Baseball are absolutely littered with guys with tons more talent than Brad Radke ever had even at his best. If you could take Radke's mind, heart, and drive and put it in some of these other guys you'd have all kinds of aces. I couldn't stand him when he was playing for Minny but you have to give the guy his props.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 28, 2009 -> 10:16 AM)

CLE=DeRosa or Peralta

DET=Brandon Inge

KC=Alex Gordon

Obviously better? No but Inge is right there with Crede, the difference between the two has been minute especially since we haven't seen a "closer to healthy" (whatever the hell that means) Crede since August of 2006.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 01:14 PM)
weird that they haven't given him a start at 3b yet

Hmmmm, I wonder if he's still hurting... :huh

Perhaps he strained his back looking up at all those popups that he hit in the batting cage.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 09:34 PM)

Perhaps he strained his back looking up at all those popups that he hit in the batting cage.

With all those OF's they have it might be hard, but sticking in Crede as the DH in that lineup with the 2 big lefties isn't the worst idea I've ever heard. If you could keep him from throwing his back out, he'll probably give you 25+ home runs from the right hand side.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 3, 2009 -> 08:52 AM)
With all those OF's they have it might be hard, but sticking in Crede as the DH in that lineup with the 2 big lefties isn't the worst idea I've ever heard. If you could keep him from throwing his back out, he'll probably give you 25+ home runs from the right hand side.

good point. I'd love to see the guy have a good year, but of course I'm torn. He'll be helping the twins. But if he could have a big year and sign a good contract that sets him up for life, that would be nice. He's one of the good guys.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 11:34 PM)

I think Gardenhire just wants to be cautious with him, especially with this long spring training. They haven't let him go on any road trips yet, either.

He's playing third today against team Puerto Rico.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 3, 2009 -> 12:25 PM)
good point. I'd love to see the guy have a good year, but of course I'm torn. He'll be helping the twins. But if he could have a big year and sign a good contract that sets him up for life, that would be nice. He's one of the good guys.

As long as his team is awful, I'll hope he does well to sign a nice contract.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 3, 2009 -> 12:25 PM)

I would hope a guy like Joe who seems like a pretty simple, laid-back dude (like Buehrle) is already set for life, unless he's invested his money with Madoff or Sanford or one of those types of guys.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 3, 2009 -> 10:52 AM)

Playing half of his games in that ballpark will hurt his offensive numbers, even if he stays healthy and even with consideration to the fact they have the fans blowing out when Minnesota bats.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 3, 2009 -> 02:29 PM)
Playing half of his games in that ballpark will hurt his offensive numbers, even if he stays healthy and even with consideration to the fact they have the fans blowing out when Minnesota bats.

It wasn't that long ago when the Metrodome was known as a bandbox. It just goes to show how all the new parks are small.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 3, 2009 -> 02:29 PM)

Sitting out in left center field, you certainly feel more of a draft when the Twins bat. I've had many games to test this hypothesis.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Mar 3, 2009 -> 04:52 PM)
Sitting out in left center field, you certainly feel more of a draft when the Twins bat. I've had many games to test this hypothesis.

Without a doubt. I go to a number of Twin games a year, and it's something that is definitely true.