i am drunk in 2009

Heads22

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 11:47 AM)
Why am I the only person who has trouble sleeping on hangovers? Because I feel just miserable right now. Came home at 6, wake up at 10 and can't go to bed.

I have that problem. I usually get up and drink water and watch tv until i get tired again.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 10:47 AM)
Why am I the only person who has trouble sleeping on hangovers? Because I feel just miserable right now. Came home at 6, wake up at 10 and can't go to bed.

Same here dude, last night went to bed at 4, woke up at 10 still drunk and thirsty as hell. Went on an adventure to find water and then took a shower to feel better.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 11:11 AM)
I think you're the only one.

I think you're the only one.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 12:57 AM)
Same here dude, last night went to bed at 4, woke up at 10 still drunk and thirsty as hell. Went on an adventure to find water and then took a shower to feel better.

You fools need to learn to chug water before you hit the sack, and keep at least one bottle next to you. If you let your body hydrate while you sleep, you'll never have a hangover again.

ie instead of waiting to need an adventure for water, even if you're not thirsty before you hit the sack, chug a s***ton of water.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 08:20 AM)
You fools need to learn to chug water before you hit the sack, and keep at least one bottle next to you. If you let your body hydrate while you sleep, you'll never have a hangover again.

ie instead of waiting to need an adventure for water, even if you're not thirsty before you hit the sack, chug a s***ton of water.

I usually do but the water fountain on my floor is broken, hence the adventure to find water. I definitely should drink more water throughout the night though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 08:20 AM)

a gatorade before bed works miracles

and when I am hungover all I want to do/can do is sleep so haha

So I'm trying this thing at a pretty nice bar downtown where I'm trying to have every beer on their menu. They have over 200 beers, and I've had like 7 so far, so I'm not close at all, but I've only been there twice now. Tonight I had Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Woodchuck Amber, Rogue Dead Guy Ale, New Belgium Fat Tire, and Sweetwater Blue. All added to my list. Not sure I can keep this up, though, as it's expensive as s*** (especially for a college kid) to buy all these beers. But whatever, the atmosphere is awesome, and it's better than those places where people (underage kids) are trying to get f***ed up on $2 PBR tallboys.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 10:57 PM)
I am reasonably drunk right now. And it is a honor to post in this thread.

:huh: I'll consider that an intense buzz.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 11:11 PM)
Drunk and reasonable are adjectives that rarely occur together in this thread.

:notworthy

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 12:23 AM)

That post took me like 5 more minutes to write then it should of. I had to be very deliberate, because i could spell worth a damn. Well, more than i normally can't. Should I be concerned that I got drunk last night, got back to my place, and almost immediately went to post this on Sox Talk? Do I have a problem?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 12:23 AM)

That post took me like 5 more minutes to write then it should have. I had to be very deliberate, because i couldn't spell worth a damn. Well, more than i normally can't. Should I be concerned that I got drunk last night, got back to my place, and almost immediately went to post this on Sox Talk? Do I have a problem?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 07:40 AM)
That post took me like 5 more minutes to write then it should of. I had to be very deliberate, because i could spell worth a damn. Well, more than i normally can't. Should I be concerned that I got drunk last night, got back to my place, and almost immediately went to post this on Sox Talk? Do I have a problem?

No, you don't have a problem.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 07:40 AM)
That post took me like 5 more minutes to write then it should have. I had to be very deliberate, because i couldn't spell worth a damn. Well, more than i normally can't. Should I be concerned that I got drunk last night, got back to my place, and almost immediately went to post this on Sox Talk? Do I have a problem?

Well, yeah, maybe you have a problem.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)
So hooking up with a "taken" girl is not a good idea. Boyfriend is pissed, girlfriend never told me anything about it (and felt the guilty need to tell him about us), but apparently it's my fault so I'm in some trouble here.

Is he a big guy? There's a decent chance you can talk him down. Speak directly in friendly terms, "Look, before you do anything, just let me explain something." Give him the full-on mea culpa, if he can't take it like a man, bring two buddies with you, and just intimidate the s*** out of him.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 08:26 AM)
So hooking up with a "taken" girl is not a good idea. Boyfriend is pissed, girlfriend never told me anything about it (and felt the guilty need to tell him about us), but apparently it's my fault so I'm in some trouble here.

f***ing skanks

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 08:26 AM)

Been down that road before. Just make sure you've got friends who are ready to scrap at the drop of a hat.

Not that I endorse violence, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.