Dunn to sign with Nats

daa84

So Abreu and Dunn both signing today, seems as if the FA market is starting to fall into place.

Depending on the $$$, it's a good signing for the Nats, because they badly needed to add some power into that lineup.

They've got way too many OF's still though.

And I wonder if Milledge could be had now? Put up a post ASB line of .299/.355/.448.

Austin Kearns will no longer be a regular also with this move I would have thought.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Feb 11, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)
Yeah I dont understand how Dunn fits into the Nationals. After Nick Johnson gets injured I guess he could just play 1B, but they got a crowded OF now.

If Johnson shows up healthy to camp though, he's probably going to be the 1B though.

That means you have 3OF spots for these guys;

Dunn

Milledge

Dukes

Pena

Kearns

Willingham

Good luck sorting out that mess. :bang

Adam Dunn

Nick Johnson

Josh Willingham

Austin Kearns

Elijah Dukes

Lastings Milledge

Willie Harris

Dmitri Young

Wily Mo Pena

all 9 of them get to battle for 4 spots. Kearns and Young are almost certainly out, and Harris will probably move back to his 4th OF/super utility role.

That still leaves 6 guys for 4 spots. I can't wait to see how this shakes out.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 11, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)
Adam Dunn

Nick Johnson

Josh Willingham

Austin Kearns

Elijah Dukes

Lastings Milledge

Willie Harris

Dmitri Young

Wily Mo Pena

all 9 of them get to battle for 4 spots. Kearns and Young are almost certainly out, and Harris will probably move back to his 4th OF/super utility role.

That still leaves 6 guys for 4 spots. I can't wait to see how this shakes out.

Dunn is going to play everyday. There's no question about that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 11, 2009 -> 02:38 PM)
Dunn is going to play everyday. There's no question about that.

that kind of money and power, it's a certainty...I just assumed that was a given. I also have to imagine that Wily Mo Pena is out too seeing how terrible he was last year.

Including Dunn in this, it's Dunn, Willingham, Milledge, Dukes, and Johnson. If you assume Johnson gets injured or traded, it actually sets itself up nicely.

1B - Dunn

LF - Willingham

CF - Milledge

RF - Dukes

so yeah

I don't think there's much faith in that organization that Duke can last a whole season. The guys messed up in the head. Though now will Willingham and Dunn you've got 2 horrendous defensive outfielders. I think this is just the case of, we've got money to spend might as well spend it and try to sell the fans on something.

They'll keep Dukes around as a 4th OF, because he hit very well in the 2nd half of last season.

But I would be enquiring about Milledge right now. I wouldn't give up Poreda for him, but would probably offer any of our other pitching prospects instead, something that the Nats are quite weak on.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 11, 2009 -> 05:36 PM)
Im guessing Zimmerman, but knowing this type of question on this board it'll be Willie Harris ;)

Wow, this board is becoming predictable :lolhitting

And how is your leading HR hitter only has 14? That's sad.

Edited by bigruss22