"Turn those (tainted) peanuts into money"

bmags

Get off your highhorse, will you? This is ridiculous, even from you.

Food manufacturer/producers dont give a s*** about the health of their food as long as it passes through the FDA or USDA.

We saw this like a year ago with all those planes that skirted inspection, it's all great free market capitalism until people start dying. If you really prefer that kind of self-regulating market go ahead, but this kind of s*** shouldn't be happening in the United States.

It's all profits before people, and the saddest part is so many Americans justify it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 12, 2009 -> 02:43 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=1834379:date=Feb 11, 2009 -> 03:45 PM:name=Alpha Dog)-->
QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Feb 11, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
<!--quotec-->Make him eat his own product.

That Q came from Congressman Greg Walden (R-OR).

Can we also ask the banks if they'd be willing to eat their own products?

That question would be "How you gonna eat 5 dollars??"

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Feb 11, 2009 -> 05:28 PM)
Food manufacturer/producers dont give a s*** about the health of their food as long as it passes through the FDA or USDA.

We saw this like a year ago with all those planes that skirted inspection, it's all great free market capitalism until people start dying. If you really prefer that kind of self-regulating market go ahead, but this kind of s*** shouldn't be happening in the United States.

It's all profits before people, and the saddest part is so many Americans justify it.

Uh....there was regulation in place here. It failed. How was this laizze-faire? What's your solution?

Edited by StrangeSox

From what I am reading, anything less than jail time is a terrible miscarriage of justice. Those emails are pretty convincing to me. I'm not certain how much time, but something beyond what Enron and the like got would feel about right. 25 Years or so and perhaps it should be federal prison.

The guy who went in front of congress was disgusting, refusing to answer any questions like he did. Whats the point of calling anyone in front of congress anymore, nobody is going to answer to them like we want them to.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 12, 2009 -> 09:07 AM)
The guy who went in front of congress was disgusting, refusing to answer any questions like he did. Whats the point of calling anyone in front of congress anymore, nobody is going to answer to them like we want them to.

He has the Constitutional right not to incriminate himself.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 12, 2009 -> 09:16 AM)
He has the Constitutional right not to incriminate himself.

Yes he does. And Congress has the right to call him before the cameras for all the world to see what a scum bag he is. A little public humiliation before the real flogging is nice. I can't wait for the perp walk with him covering his face. :stick

His diet should be exclusively peanut butter sandwiches on peanut bread all from his factory. This is the kind of behavior we expect to see coming from Chinese food factories, not from the US... but it happens more than we realize.

You'd be surprised how much cow poop is in that burger you had for lunch for example.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Feb 12, 2009 -> 04:51 PM)
His diet should be exclusively peanut butter sandwiches on peanut bread all from his factory. This is the kind of behavior we expect to see coming from Chinese food factories, not from the US... but it happens more than we realize.

You'd be surprised how much cow poop is in that burger you had for lunch for example.

why wouldn't I want fertilizer in my burger, rex? You are so naive.

Been a vegetarian for 3 weeks now...going well.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Feb 12, 2009 -> 10:51 AM)

The gist of your comment is correct, we do allow a fair amount of contaminants in our food. Specifically to ground beef, quietly, thanks to the fast food industry, regulations were changed to allow ground meat to enter this country. Prior to that, the smallest you could bring in were subprimals. And of course prior to that it was primals. So the slippery slope concept was alive and well in those regulations.

US beef, has a much smaller chance of the poop in your burger. There are very few slaughter operations that also process at that level.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Feb 12, 2009 -> 10:51 AM)

Oh my. How about some cow urine in your soft drink.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_...icle5707554.ece

QUOTE (Texsox @ Feb 12, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)
The gist of your comment is correct, we do allow a fair amount of contaminants in our food. Specifically to ground beef, quietly, thanks to the fast food industry, regulations were changed to allow ground meat to enter this country. Prior to that, the smallest you could bring in were subprimals. And of course prior to that it was primals. So the slippery slope concept was alive and well in those regulations.

US beef, has a much smaller chance of the poop in your burger. There are very few slaughter operations that also process at that level.

I actually did a little research a while back on meatpacking with ground meats, and now I don't buy ground anything meat anymore. The risk of contamination is just too high for me to justify the risk. So I buy boca crumbles or some other fake ground meat. Doesn't make my sloppy joe taste any different.