2009 Sox Predictions Merged Threads

knightni

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Feb 15, 2009 -> 10:12 PM)
We re-aquire Griffey at the deadline.

haha. I'm going to say Andruw Jones.

Hawk will name drop Carl Yastrzemski's name 17 times this season.

Hawk will yell STRETCH on a ball that doesnt leave the infield.

In midst of a 14-0 loss, Hawk will disappear in the 7th inning and not return. Robin Ventura will fill in for a 4 week stint while Hawk is in rehab.

AJP will have 4 ABs in a game and only see 4 pitches.

Hawk will say "Show me a _____ and I'll show you a winner/loser" over 100 times this season.

Hawk will have double eye surgey and sport Sox eye patches on both eyes at the same time this season.

Walker is fired after 60 games and Ron Karkovice is named new hitting coach. Hawk raves about the selection.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 16, 2009 -> 01:19 AM)

In midst of a 14-0 loss, Hawk will disappear in the 7th inning and not return. Robin Ventura will fill in for a 4 week stint while Hawk is in rehab.

Hawk will say "Show me a _____ and I'll show you a winner/loser" over 100 times this season.

Hawk will have double eye surgey and sport Sox eye patches on both eyes at the same time this season.

Walker is fired after 60 games and Ron Karkovice is named new hitting coach. Hawk raves about the selection.

You mean Yastremskis name 17x a game. Then Stone beats him over the head with a hamburger box.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 16, 2009 -> 02:19 AM)

Only 17 times? That is bold.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 16, 2009 -> 02:19 AM)

That would be awesome!

Ok, normally I don't do this, but what the hell.

- Much to Soxtalk's chagrin, Jerry Owens starts the season in CF for the Sox, and his play is acceptable.

- Paul Konerko starts off slow as usual but bounces back big.

- John Danks pitches the first 2/3ish of the season looking like a Cy Young contender but has a dead-arm period.

- Gavin Floyd will still walk more batters than we're comfortable with but will be otherwise just fine.

- Mark Buehrle will struggle because the defense is piss-poor.

- Bobby Jenks will have another effective, statistically good season. Posters will continue to b**** about his non-existent decline in performance.

Kenny Williams will take a swing at fathom.

Ozzie and Hawk have a post-game match in the octagon with Mariotti and his ego.

White Sox win the division on the last day of the season...again.

Detroit continues its freefall, but Cleveland, the Twins and the Royals are all significantly better.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 16, 2009 -> 03:33 PM)
Jeff Marquez

16-8, 3.88 era

i was thinking to myself that why is he highly regarded by all of us when hes not even a top 10 prospect for the sox(cole armstrong is even above him lol) and i was looking it up and saw on bbp, the projected 2012 linuep. i thought everything seemed about right except that they still have JD as our projected rf for 20012 lol

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prosp...009/267205.html

Jose Contreras comes off the DL in midseason. It takes him about three starts to fine-tune his forkball, after which he and his well-rested arm put together a steak that pales only in comparison to his late 2005 dominance, which the White Sox ride to a narrow first place finish in a thrilling four-team division race. Songs are written about him on his native island and on the South Side. President Obama renews diplomatic relations with Cuba in his honor.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Feb 16, 2009 -> 03:50 PM)
i was thinking to myself that why is he highly regarded by all of us when hes not even a top 10 prospect for the sox(cole armstrong is even above him lol) and i was looking it up and saw on bbp, the projected 2012 linuep. i thought everything seemed about right except that they still have JD as our projected rf for 20012 lol

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prosp...009/267205.html

I guess I never read that, but Richard was definitely not the most impressive pitcher. I don't know if you can be more impressive than John Danks was.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 16, 2009 -> 03:33 PM)
Jeff Marquez

16-8, 3.88 era

for charlotte?

colon and contreras combine to have one solid year

richard will be good as the 5th starter

getz will be top 5 for rookie of the year

dayan joins alexie for an all cuban left side of the infield and both will put up big offensive numbers

thomes numbers will decline significantly

Sox will finish in first and make a run in the Playoffs.

Yanks will fall short because they lack offense and the pitching will not live up to hype.

Cubs will be challenged for division lead by an unexpected opponent, but will still make playoffs.

Tampa will finish last as injuries will crop up.

Seattle will have the biggest turn around in the history of baseball, but fall short in division series.

Giants will win the NL west and the Nat's will be competitive in the first half of the season in the east.

Chicago will win the World Series in seven games against Chicago.

Their will be a blizzard in the world Series that will delay the finish for a week causing the Wiggly Rats to run to the Cubs dugout for shelter. The Rats will disrupt the Cubs concentration and cause them to blow game 7 in one of the most comical finishes in world series history. The Sox will prevail because the Rat curse is now on for the Cubs. This would be a great finish for Baseball. :gosox1: