Comic Books

LowerCaseRepublican

With the films based on comic books [Hulk, Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Daredevil etc.] and the TV shows based off of comic characters [Lois and Clark, The Flash, Batman, Spider-Man, etc.], I just wanted to see what people thought about comic books. [and if you like them, favorite titles?]

Little known fact about me...I have been collecting comic books for years :lol:

With the films based on comic books [Hulk, Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Daredevil etc.] and the TV shows based off of comic characters [Lois and Clark, The Flash, Batman, Spider-Man, etc.], I just wanted to see what people thought about comic books. [and if you like them, favorite titles?]

Little known fact about me...I have been collecting comic books for years  :lol:

I don't collect comic books cause I don't read :D

but I love comic book superheroes nonetheless..

The whole thing is just great :headbang

My faves

`Preacher: A preacher teams up with his girlfriend and a drunken Irish vampire to track down God and hold him accountable for leaving Heaven while encountering hitmen and other fun obstacles along the way...and oh yeah he has the power of "the Word" which makes people do whatever he says when he uses it. Garth Ennis wrote this series like a masterpiece.

`Transmetropolitan: A journalist in the future has two write two more books or he dies. So, he takes on the evils of The City.

`Punisher: Garth Ennis writes again. Anything this guy touches is gold...except for when he does heroes with super powers.

`Fury: They recently brought back Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD for a limited series...again written by Ennis. f***ing brilliant stuff...everything.

Frank Miller's Batman stuff is pretty good.

I found it eerie that he was working on a scene where Batman was driving a flying Batmobile into Metropolis buildings in the days before 9/11. Batman will always have a special place with me because I f***ing love the Joker...and who can hate a title that kills off that little asshole, Jason Todd? :lol:

Frank Miller's Batman stuff is pretty good.

You have good taste in Batman story authors.

That's the reason I'm so looking forward to the next Batman movie sans the guy who f***ed up the franchise with "Batman Forever" and "Batman and Robin"..... even though, I thought, "Batman Forever" was tolerable. Frank Miller is writing the screenplay and the director of "Memento" is going to direct. I've heard the next Batman movie will be along the lines of "The Dark Knight Returns" with Kurt Russell playing the Caped Crusader.

Batman Forever was terrible...  First off.. Batgirl is not Alfred's niece, she's Barbara Gordon, Commisioner Gordon's daughter...  Hollywood crap!  :fyou

That is the worst part of comic book movies in Hollywood. Batman and Robin did it with too many f***ing characters and changing their origins to fit the storyline. Batman and Robin had the namesakes, Batgirl, Poison Ivy, Mr Freeze, AND Bane. I mean, what the f*** happened to just Batman and a villian and, if absolutely necessary for Hollywood, Robin? The last Batman movie was f***ing awful. It was all downhill after Tim Burton became an Executive Producer of the Batman franchise instead of Director. Hopefully, this next movie will get it right. If Hollywood stays true to Frank Miller's script, I guarantee the best Batman movie will be made of them all.

BTW..... I think you're thinking of "Batman and Robin". Batgirl wasn't in "Batman Forever". "BF" was the one with Jim Carrey and Val Kilmer.

Speaking of crappy comic book movies, who can forget that 80s pile of monkey love, The Punisher? Jesus H. Christpunchers did that movie suck ass. Here's to hoping the 2004 one is much better.

The Batman movies started out pretty good. I loved the first one but as they got more and more sequels it became about marketing the name and making money hand over fist instead of making a quality movie.