2009 Cubs thread

daa84

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2009 -> 12:31 AM)
Do the Dodgers have any legitimate weaknesses? I mean something you can point to and say that could hinder them at some point this season? The Phillies have MAJOR starting pitching issues. Same with the Mets (outside of Johan). Not really sure what to make of the Cardinals and Brewers to this point. Reds have trouble scoring runs consistently. Not even gonna mention the Cubs (I guess I just did). The Dodgers have the perfect blend of youth/vets/depth.

I would argue that Manny needs to come back as a force and they might need one more "stuff" guy to set-up Broxton. The numbers are there for the pen, but I would be a little more confident in them if they had another lights out guy stuff wise to set him up.

The pen thing is a little nit pitcky and they have a fine pen as is, but I think they need a little more power, hence Manny coming back strong would be a big help. I think you can do alot with speed and "small ball" type of players, but in the modern game with ball parks as they are and increased workout regimens having nothing to do with PEDs power is still important. Say they get in a series with the Phills and have to play in their park, even in Oct that thing still is a bandbox and could come down to a couple home runs or so.

Again, I clearly think they are the best team in the NL right now, but those are some things I would look at if I was scouting them from the inside.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 29, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)
I have Gregg on a fantasy team, so its a win-win, either I get a save or he blows a Cubs lead...

Nobody cares about anybody's fantasy team...ever.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 29, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
Come on Kemp. I feel like he is the team's most dangerous hitter w/o Manny. Have a 2-homer day.

Has anyone noticed how fat Russell Martin is now? He really needs to cut down on the partying.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 29, 2009 -> 09:56 PM)
I thought his Canadian-model girlfriend settled him down. That was him right?

I think so, but he's totally out of shape. Disappointing loss for the Dodgers today. The Cubs always seem to destroy teams from the 7th inning on at home. Maybe Broxton can go three innings sometime this weekend.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 29, 2009 -> 04:36 PM)
God I hate Marmol. Yeah he's got great stuff, but he walks the world.

Still, that kinda stuff doesn't grow on trees. THe Cubs should count their blessings that they have that guy for the next couple of years.

Edited by Thunderbolt