2009 Cubs thread

daa84

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:36 PM)
We're not playing the Nationals anymore. The Cubs pitching staff, which I think is aided by a mostly pathetic bunch of NL lineups, is in for a serious rude awakening these next few games.

:huh:

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:03 PM)
Say the Cubs get swept by the Phillies, do you think Hendry panics and makes a trade?

I believe it would have to be a cheaper player or they would have to dump salary somewhere, I don't believe the ownership situation has resolved itself enough to add significant payroll

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 11:00 PM)
The Phillies have no business trading for Halladay. They're too damn good without him.

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Yeah, Halladay obviously makes them better. But how much do they really need him? Other than the Dodgers, the NL is a f***ing joke. They'd be easily favored over anybody outside of LA. If they can get anything outta Pedro, they might be the best team in the league as is. If I'm Amaro Jr., I go ahead and make the Blue Jays one final offer (one that doesn't leave their farm practically naked) and leave it at that. If they (the Blue Jays) don't bite, so be it. They'll be in the playoffs regardless. And the Blue Jays will be battling for 4th and on the verge of losing Halladay for nothing but a couple draft picks at the end of next season.

The Phillies are fantastic, but I think they might need Halladay in October. Didn't need him tonight though, the Cubs getting blown out 9-1 in a game where Rodrigo Lopez faced Ted Lilly just shows that the Nationals series was indeed a Nationals aided mirage.

Should be interesting tonight, as bad as Harden has been at Wrigley, especially during the day, his numbers on the road have been way better than his career numbers. The Phillies are the hottest team in baseball right now and mash at home, but they do strike out a ton, and Harden strikes a lot of hitters out.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 10:59 AM)
Should be interesting tonight, as bad as Harden has been at Wrigley, especially during the day, his numbers on the road have been way better than his career numbers. The Phillies are the hottest team in baseball right now and mash at home, but they do strike out a ton, and Harden strikes a lot of hitters out.

Didn't Harden strike out 7 against Cleveland but also gave up 7 runs as well?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 11:06 AM)
Didn't Harden strike out 7 against Cleveland but also gave up 7 runs as well?

I think pretty much all of the Cubs starters got torn up by Cleveland, but Clevelands starters and relievers got torn up a little bit more

I'm going to post this in here because I dont want to runi the party going on in Sox Forum

Two Cubs fans have alerady texted me saying "does a perfect game count when no one sees it"

the other added "or cares"

But we're the bitter ones.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 10:54 AM)
Houston and the Cubs are now tied at 1 game behind the Cardinals. Milwaukee is 2 back. The Cubs have played 2 fewer games than others so there's %age differences.

I'm boycotting NL baseball for the rest of my life if the Astros get to the postseason. I look at their roster and want to vomit.

QUOTE (Nokona @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 04:26 PM)
I'm going to post this in here because I dont want to runi the party going on in Sox Forum

Two Cubs fans have alerady texted me saying "does a perfect game count when no one sees it"

tell him does a world series count if no one was alive to remember it...1908

QUOTE (Nokona @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 04:26 PM)

Check out nsbb.com some time. Most cubs fans are cubs fans because they are miserable people. The rest are transplants from out of state.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 04:54 PM)
Check out nsbb.com some time. Most cubs fans are cubs fans because they are miserable people. The rest are transplants from out of state.

exactly, screw them. Their team is bad this year and most of it has to come back next year. They're miserable people or people who don't care about baseball and are into it for the party.

A caller on ESPN radio waited an hour and a half to say the Cubs 5-2 road trip was more important than the perfect game and the 3 guys just laughed at him.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 08:07 PM)
Huh, most of my cub fan friends texted me saying that even as a cubs fans Buehrle's performance was amazing.

Guess I'm just friends with smart cub fans. Yes they do exist.

They are hard to find, but you can come across a few of them. Personally, I like being friends more with the female kind. :D