2009 Cubs thread

daa84

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 05:54 PM)
How hilarious is it that the guy who threw the beer:

Is wearing a cocked to the side cubs trucker hat

A cubs wrist band

A v-neck t shirt

An awful pair of "trendy" sunglasses hanging from said v-neck

And 99% there is a gay feaux-hawk underneith the cocked trucker hat

If he was wearing a pair of awful checkered shorts with the shirt tucked in, he could be a cubs "fan" sterotype poster child.

Add in that he's from Bartlett, a Northern suburb. You just knew he wouldn't be from Alsip or Carbondale.

I'll crap myself if he goes to U of I and is some sort of business major. It'll almost be too perfect of a joke. He'll forever be a representative of the stereotypical Cub fan, as William Ligue and his son have become for us.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 06:35 PM)
I'll crap myself if he goes to U of I and is some sort of business major. It'll almost be too perfect of a joke.

I don't get the joke. I did that and I f***ing rule.

Can we stop repeating this? No it can't. Ever.

Why? Because it's not in line with your hyperbolic generalization that Wrigley Field is a giant bar and all their fans are complete morons. Calm the hell down dude, it's just baseball.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 12:48 AM)
Why? Because it's not in line with your hyperbolic generalization that Wrigley Field is a giant bar and all their fans are complete morons. Calm the hell down dude, it's just baseball.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Anyway, no doubt it is more likely there than many other places, due to a number of circumstances. But yes, it COULD happen anywhere.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 07:40 PM)
This can happen just about anywhere.

Of course it can and does... but this week it also happened at a place withhin the, what, last 10-15 years trash has been thrown on the field multiple times enough to stop game play, a fan stole another player's hat right off his head and started an incident by the bullpen, and a guy walked on the mound and confronted a Cubs pitcher (was it Myers?) all while on the TV and radio broadcasts it's said numerous times these are the greatest fans in the world, and also their fans walk around saying how "white trash" and unruly White Sox fans are.

I know, I should "get over it", well I am because I don't spend my time clinching my hands about it in an abandoned basement with a naked lightbulb slowly swaying above my head, but I can still find it funny when the B.S. Cubs marketing machine is slapped in the face

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 01:36 PM)
the pirates are reallly bad...4-0 cubs . then they sweep the pirates and the cubs are great again

I think after getting mandingoed in their assholes by the Rockies and Phillies the last week that most are starting to realize they truly are a below average team. But yeah, I'm sure after they feast on the equivalent of a AA team, much like they did when they swept the mighty Nationals, that some will declare them a contender again. Personally, I've already dismissed them.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 02:13 PM)
One thing I will say is that the Cubs are real good at beating up bad pitching, which as a Sox fan, I wouldnt take for granted since the Sox seem to have difficulty a lot when facing bad pitchers

Even with that, I have no doubt in my mind we'd be at least 15 games over .500 in the NL.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)
Wow, just saw that the Cubs are up 17-2 in the 5th freakin inning - scored 10 runs in the 2nd.

It's amazing how predictable that team is. Beat bad teams, lose to good teams, suffer numerous injuries along the way. Like clockwork.

This might be one of the greatest "tallest midget" teams I can remember in years. This team flat out owns bad teams and then they look terrible against good teams.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)
This might be one of the greatest "tallest midget" teams I can remember in years. This team flat out owns bad teams and then they look terrible against good teams.

yup, they arent doing anything this year. i dont care if they even manage to make the playoffs. they are awful. and their future,unlike the sox, doesnt look good at all with no minor leaguers coming up and with horrible contracts

The Mets will beat them 5 out of 6 games.

The rest of the NL gets to play crap teams as well

East has the Nats

West has the Pads and D'Backs

Central has the Pirates and Reds (although they were good until the break)

The difference between the cubs and Sox is the cubs simply destroy s*** pitching while the Sox can not touch it.

Sox did not hit Pirate pitching in at least two games and did not sweep the Reds or Pirates.

The Cubs aren't the tallest midget. As of now, they are the second tallest midget. The Cards and Cubs have almost the exact same record against the NL central:

Cards: 32-24

Cubs: 32-23 (coming into today)

That's a lot of wins against crap.

QUOTE (G&T @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 03:54 PM)
The Cubs aren't the tallest midget. As of now, they are the second tallest midget. The Cards and Cubs have almost the exact same record against the NL central:

Cards: 32-24

Cubs: 32-23 (coming into today)

That's a lot of wins against crap.

I think with the addition of DeRosa (who was injured for about the first 2-3 weeks he was with the Cards) and Holliday, the Cards are a different team then they were before

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 01:55 PM)
I think with the addition of DeRosa (who was injured for about the first 2-3 weeks he was with the Cards) and Holliday, the Cards are a different team then they were before

And Carpenter back.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 06:36 PM)
Stoney said this morning on Sportsrise that the Cubs have 49 games left in this season, and they only play 12 against teams that are over .500 now. Expect them in the playoffs.

I really don't think they're catching the Cardinals.