2009 Cubs thread

daa84

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)
Heilman has been claimed off of waivers by an NL club, while Harden was claimed off of waivers by a mystery club.

The Cubs have until Monday to work out trades.

Heilman?? Wow, someone must be VERY desperate for a bullpen arm/depth.

Harden could be intriguing, he could really help a contender needing a #3 or #4. Would the Cubs actually trade him away, telling their fans that they are officially giving up on the season?? Hes a free agent, so it would only save them a million or so, so it wont be for the money.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 03:01 PM)
Heilman?? Wow, someone must be VERY desperate for a bullpen arm/depth.

Harden could be intriguing, he could really help a contender needing a #3 or #4. Would the Cubs actually trade him away, telling their fans that they are officially giving up on the season?? Hes a free agent, so it would only save them a million or so, so it wont be for the money.

The smart move would be to move him. From my understanding their farm system isn't very deep and they could probably get a good A-ball prospect out of it. Like you pointed out he's a FA and I don't think the Cubs are even stupid enough to bring him back next year for anything longer than a one year, but he can probably get at least a 2 year on the market.

Even though he's a huge health risk, if KW can swing the extra million I wouldn't mind the Sox being the team if they give a A ball prospect up for him

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
Our old friend Mike MacDougal comes in to close out a 5-4 game with 1 out in the 8th...

nationals win 5-4, macdougal is 14 of 15 in saves, ERA just under 2.00 for WAS. Why the hell couldnt he do that here???

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 04:11 PM)
nationals win 5-4, macdougal is 14 of 15 in saves, ERA just under 2.00 for WAS. Why the hell couldnt he do that here???

the national league makes pitchers look a hell of a lot better than they really are

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)
and the Cubs just lost 2/3 to the Nationals... so it's a bad start to that "easy" home schedule that was going to propell them back into the race!!

Oh noooooooooo!

It's sad that this season has become so dismal that I'm back to checking out how bad the Cubs are.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 04:11 PM)

He has the Javy Vazquez syndrome. He can't pitch at all in pressure situations/when a team is in a playoff hunt.

How can you NOT love Milton Bradley? Barely slugging at a .400 clip (actually might be back under .400 after today), has completely destroyed the Cubs locker room, saying he just wants to play 9 innings and go home, calling Cubs fans racist, and today calling out guys like Lee and Soto for "giving politically correct answers". What an absolutely great guy, love him.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 05:03 PM)
How can you NOT love Milton Bradley? Barely slugging at a .400 clip (actually might be back under .400 after today), has completely destroyed the Cubs locker room, saying he just wants to play 9 innings and go home, calling Cubs fans racist, and today calling out guys like Lee and Soto for "giving politically correct answers". What an absolutely great guy, love him.

Really miss him in Texas dont they

This Milton Bradley thing is yet another blind media flock.

He was brought he because he was a winner....yet he has never won anything and seems to piss off rather easily.

He was brought in to drive in runs....yet he has never been a run producer.

He is an OBP DH...the cubs sold him to their stupid fans as something he has never been and now they are blaming him for not being that.

I feel a little bad for the guy as he does lead the team in OBP.

He has not underproduced any worse then Soriano, Soto or Zambrano

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 08:12 AM)
This morning on the Mully and Hanley show, it was reported that Rich Harden was put on waivers and claimed by the Twins.

huh, yesterday they were saying it was NL teams that claimed him and Heilmann

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 10:14 AM)
huh, yesterday they were saying it was NL teams that claimed him and Heilmann

I thought I heard NL team for Heilmann and unknown for Harden.

It will be interesting to see if they work something out. They should get good crowds because the last games in the Dome, but I could see them claiming him to block the White Sox or Tigers from getting him