2009 Cubs thread

daa84

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JustWin @ May 9, 2009 -> 04:23 AM)
Watch him only be out 3 or 4 weeks and be back in time for their IL against the Sox. Then he'll hit 5 run home runs against us.

Tribune suggesting 4 to 6 weeks max.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 9, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)
Freel will play third and hit better than Ramirez would this is how things work out for the cubs.

No, this isnt going to happen. freel is not a better hitter than Aramis

He's not better but he'll probably do so well that they don't even miss Aramis. Just like the luck they got with Jim Edmonds last year who couldn't buy a hit in San Diego but then all of a sudden was wonder boy for the Cubs. Freel will end up having a career year, watch.

QUOTE (JustWin @ May 9, 2009 -> 10:46 AM)
He's not better but he'll probably do so well that they don't even miss Aramis. Just like the luck they got with Jim Edmonds last year who couldn't buy a hit in San Diego but then all of a sudden was wonder boy for the Cubs. Freel will end up having a career year, watch.

Edmonds wasn't luck, he was a good investment. He's out of Freel's league this is not goint to end as well for the Cubs as their last couple moves have.

QUOTE (JustWin @ May 9, 2009 -> 09:46 AM)

Ryan Freel hanging out in Wrigleyville is a recipe for disaster. The guy will be into the bottle in a week tops.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 9, 2009 -> 01:52 PM)
Ryan Freel hanging out in Wrigleyville is a recipe for disaster. The guy will be into the bottle in a week tops.

Farney will hold him back.

The whole Cubs organization are whiny b****es about booes. The same thing happened when they went down 0-2 to LA in the playoffs. If i was a cubs fan, i wouldn't put up with this crap.

This post is almost the poplar opposite of what everyone else is saying about Contreras in another thread.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 9, 2009 -> 08:58 PM)
Fathom has better stories of Freel than any of you guys can imagine.

Yes, and I'm more confident in those stories being accurate than any other ones I've been told.

(Thunderbolt @ May 7, 2009 -> 03:52 PM)

The whole Cubs organization are whiny b****es about booes. The same thing happened when they went down 0-2 to LA in the playoffs. If i was a cubs fan, i wouldn't put up with this crap.

This post is almost the poplar opposite of what everyone else is saying about Contreras in another thread.

Lol, true!!

Edited by JustWin

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 10, 2009 -> 04:03 AM)
:lolhitting at Jim Hendry for continually dumpster diving for this guy.

They're treating him like he's given his whole career for the organization. It's like what KW would do for someone like Jenks in 10 years.