2009 Cubs thread

daa84

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Jorge Julio still in the majors. He just had a meltdown that likely caused the Brewers the game tonight. Not only that, but Volquez got hurt again. The Cubs will likely face Owings, Bailey, and Arroyo this weekend...ugh

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 08:31 PM)
How is Jorge Julio still in the majors. He just had a meltdown that likely caused the Brewers the game tonight. Not only that, but Volquez got hurt again. The Cubs will likely face Owings, Bailey, and Arroyo this weekend...ugh

Cubs are off, Sox are winning. Who cares?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 31, 2009 -> 09:21 PM)
Your weekly reverse racist comment by Joe Morgan tonight was "Milton Bradley is one of the best athletes in baseball".

I don't see the racism there, I just see Joe Morgan showing he is far and away the worst, least well-informed announcer in baseball. Again.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 09:24 AM)
I don't see the racism there, I just see Joe Morgan showing he is far and away the worst, least well-informed announcer in baseball. Again.

I want to know what he thinks a good athlete is exactly, and what makes Bradley one of the best? He is a pretty terrible outfielder, is injury prone, and has a mechanical swing (IMO). There are several players on the Cubs as well as the other side of town that are much better athletes.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 02:24 PM)

It's a long running joke about how he will give superlatives to any African-American player. He even said Sheffield was the best clubhouse man in baseball a few years ago.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 10:15 AM)
It's a long running joke about how he will give superlatives to any African-American player. He even said Sheffield was the best clubhouse man in baseball a few years ago.

I dont think he is racist.I think he just makes outlandish bulls*** statements and enjoys doing it. Ala "this Whitesox pen is the greatest assembled pen ever".

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)
I dont think he is racist.I think he just makes outlandish bulls*** statements and enjoys doing it. Ala "this Whitesox pen is the greatest assembled pen ever".

Gah that made me cringe... then it went to s*** like 2 weeks later. Awesome.

One of the things about Morgan that is often interpreted to be racist is his over-the-top hatred of Ryne Sandberg. He actually feels threatened that people often compare the two, and Morgan b****es constantly about it. I myself am not comparing the two, but it's very clear that Morgan is a very bitter and jealous man.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 05:02 PM)
Milton Bradley pulled up lame running to first, then went straight into the clubhouse. Here comes a DL visit. I am guessing hammy strain, 15 day DL

Took longer than I expected.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 07:04 PM)
Bobby Cox bunting in the bottom of the 10th guaranteed Chipper wouldn't get to bat. I hate the bunt!

Bobby Scales bunts out to pitcher Rafael Soriano.

I love the bunt!