2009 Cubs thread

daa84

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 06:48 PM)
IIRC, it was bad enough that Cooper had spotted it years before. Like KW traded for him then told Cooper "There, you've got him".

What's amazing is that Coop's changes added the consistent 4 MPH onto Thornton's fastball. Thornton used to average 93.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 07:04 PM)
Man, without Chipper, that Braves lineup is completely punchless.

Amazing how bad these NL lineups are. The Phillies, Mets and Dodgers all have really good lineups. The Cardinals and Brewers are solid. After that? It's f***in' hideous.

My friend yesterday called the Cubs the Yankees of the N.L... I didn't even bother arguing with him about it.

I think it's funny when Cubs fans are crying about injuries and then point to Bradley and Harden as two of the examples... look, if you have those two on your roster they're going to get hurt and the team should absolutely expect it, those shouldn't come as suprises.

Also, it's funny how people are saying Hendry is hamstrung by the sale being in limbo... the team has a $136 million dollar payroll!! What he is being "hamstrung" by is some bad contracts he signed people to that are only getting worse, something like 120 million on the books next year

Do managers even think about what bunting will do to their next hitter up? Dusty bunted in the bottom of the 10th with Brandon Phillips on deck. The bunt was successful, so the Cubs walk the Reds only decent hitter and got a great match-up of Marshall against Nix (who bats about .100 against LHP). The NL is so awful.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 09:28 PM)
So Nick Masset...yeah, he looks fantastic. 95 mph fastball, 89 mph splitter, big curve

yeah i was impressed....he showed flashes while here but was never consistent with it...i actually really liked his 2 seamer he used to throw too..92-93 with some nice late action

haha nice throw fontenot

Dye should be headed there for Bailey and one of Taveras or Dickerson.

They need a big bat in that line-up and they are right there in the central.

Imagine if they drafted Beckham.

s*** trade them Colon and Fields for Bailey. In the NL Colon and Fields would thrive.